How long will Matsui be out - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

How long will Matsui be out

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How long will Matsui be out

Postby LongBallMan23 » Fri May 12, 2006 6:19 pm

I know he got a hand injury but does anyone know how long he will be out?
Image
LongBallMan23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 607
Joined: 25 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby namor720 » Fri May 12, 2006 6:22 pm

Brian Cashman was on 770 WFAN in NY and they think he is going to be out THREE MONTHS and maybe the whole year. They are going with Melky Cabrera full time till sheff gets off the DL. Crosby gets LF and Bernie gets to play more OF. A disaster
namor720
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 51
Joined: 2 May 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rentz » Fri May 12, 2006 6:24 pm

ive been hearing he's out till atleast mid august/early september.
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4810
Joined: 3 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LongBallMan23 » Fri May 12, 2006 6:25 pm

this sucks! Im in a 30 team dynasty team on CBS and i have him and DLee! Him and Dlee out! ahhhh!
Image
LongBallMan23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 607
Joined: 25 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby spacehamster01 » Fri May 12, 2006 7:38 pm

Just posted on Yahoo player news:

May 12 ESPNews reports New York Yankees manager Joe Torre doesn't expect OF Hideki Matsui (wrist) back before the playoffs.


If this is true...then the worst for Fantasy Purposes has come true. Poor Matsui.
spacehamster01
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1057
Joined: 28 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Probably Watching Baseball

Postby rentz » Fri May 12, 2006 8:02 pm

spacehamster01 wrote:Just posted on Yahoo player news:

May 12 ESPNews reports New York Yankees manager Joe Torre doesn't expect OF Hideki Matsui (wrist) back before the playoffs.


If this is true...then the worst for Fantasy Purposes has come true. Poor Matsui.


if thats true i know i'll be dropping him
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4810
Joined: 3 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sportsguy138 » Fri May 12, 2006 11:57 pm

ive heard at least three months.. man this f'in sucks :-t
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8777
(Past Year: 405)
Joined: 21 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jealousblues » Sat May 13, 2006 3:54 pm

So do you think we should drop him or hold him in hopes he can give us a late boost?
JH32
jealousblues
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Posts: 2471
Joined: 6 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby idano » Sat May 13, 2006 4:03 pm

jealousblues wrote:So do you think we should drop him or hold him in hopes he can give us a late boost?


people are saying he will take 3 months to heal. after that, he'll need to play in the minor leagues to get his timing back. at best, you might be looking at 1-2 weeks of matsui. if you have a free DL spot, you can stash him. but if you don't, it's not worth it. there's no guarantee he'll hit .300 with decent pop and rbi's when he gets back anyway.
idano
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 324
Joined: 27 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rentz » Sat May 13, 2006 4:44 pm

idano wrote:
jealousblues wrote:So do you think we should drop him or hold him in hopes he can give us a late boost?


people are saying he will take 3 months to heal. after that, he'll need to play in the minor leagues to get his timing back. at best, you might be looking at 1-2 weeks of matsui. if you have a free DL spot, you can stash him. but if you don't, it's not worth it. there's no guarantee he'll hit .300 with decent pop and rbi's when he gets back anyway.


kind of along the lines of what ive been thinking.
i mean its pretty bad when the manager doesnt even expect him back for the playoffs.

but its also hard to just drop a guy like matsui
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4810
Joined: 3 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Oct. 22
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

San Francisco at Kansas City
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact