Premier, MLB ready SP prospects - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Premier, MLB ready SP prospects

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby PlayingWithFire » Thu May 25, 2006 6:16 pm

Yoda wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:
Tommy John wrote:How about Dustin McGowan, he used to be a top prospect, I think he went back to the minors to become a starter again. Could take the place of Josh Towers.

Anibal Sanchez, I would rank him ahead of Petit and anything could happen with the Marlins.

Craig Hansen next year when Papelbon becomes a starter.

Cesar Carrillo

Dustin McGowan is not projected to be an Ace type.

Nor is Sanchez, neither Olsen or Josh Johnson made the list and Sanchez is a step below those 2 but I like him better than Petit.

Hansen is a RP, we are talking about SP here.

No idea who Carrillo is...Fill me in?

Funny how Hansen is working on another pitch and starting all of his
minor league games
, huh? :-?

Carrillo is a stud imo, drafted out of UMiami i believe by SD and really is quite polished and has a chance to be very successful in Petco. He should be up sometime during midseason.

I see McGowan as a great #3 to Halladay & Burnett if he can harness his abilty and build up his stamina.

2 starts out of 5 last I checked

He's in the minor league rotation.

I know, you said he started all his game this year but I said he has 5 appearances and 2 of them are starts.

He started the last 2 if I am not mistaken.

I was nitpicking so let's just get over it. I personally think his future is in the pen and they are just trying to let him use more pitches.
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Thu May 25, 2006 6:28 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:
Yoda wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:
Tommy John wrote:How about Dustin McGowan, he used to be a top prospect, I think he went back to the minors to become a starter again. Could take the place of Josh Towers.

Anibal Sanchez, I would rank him ahead of Petit and anything could happen with the Marlins.

Cesar Carrillo

Nor is Sanchez, neither Olsen or Josh Johnson made the list and Sanchez is a step below those 2 but I like him better than Petit.

minor league games

Carrillo is a stud imo, drafted out of UMiami i believe by SD and really is quite polished and has a chance to be very successful in Petco. He should be up sometime during midseason.

I see McGowan as a great #3 to Halladay & Burnett if he can harness his abilty and build up his stamina.

I know, you said he started all his game this year but I said he has 5 appearances and 2 of them are starts.

I was nitpicking so let's just get over it. I personally think his future is in the pen and they are just trying to let him use more pitches.

Doesn't matter what you personally think his future is. They are making him develop his change up so that they can try him as a starter. His fastball/slider are electric and with a decent third pitch, he can be a top starter.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby PlayingWithFire » Thu May 25, 2006 6:32 pm

Yoda wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:
Yoda wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:

Cesar Carrillo

minor league games

Doesn't matter what you personally think his future is. They are making him develop his change up so that they can try him as a starter. His fastball/slider are electric and with a decent third pitch, he can be a top starter.

so you think they are grooming Hansen to start and Pap to close?
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Yoda » Thu May 25, 2006 6:37 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:so you think they are grooming Hansen to start and Pap to close?

Why else would he be starting every 5 days? If they just wanted him to work on refine/develop his pitches, then they would use him as a reliever. The last two starts he pitched about 4 innings each so it's clear that they are stretching him out.

I think it's a good move because Pap is doing a good job and it's easier to go from starter to closer if Hansen doesn't pan out. Hansen's got the tools so I think it might work.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby PlayingWithFire » Thu May 25, 2006 6:40 pm

Yoda wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:so you think they are grooming Hansen to start and Pap to close?

Why else would he be starting every 5 days? If they just wanted him to work on refine/develop his pitches, then they would use him as a reliever. The last two starts he pitched about 4 innings each so it's clear that they are stretching him out.

I think it's a good move because Pap is doing a good job and it's easier to go from starter to closer if Hansen doesn't pan out. Hansen's got the tools so I think it might work.

Well, you start him if you want to work on his 3rd pitch because as Mariano Rivera can tell you, 2 good pitches doesn't work the 2nd time or the 3rd time around a lineup. The Red Sox could just be forcing Hansen to develope a more complete repetoire, but you could be right that they are experimenting him as a starter. you are the one closer to the East Coast and the one that knows more about minor leagues
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Yoda » Thu May 25, 2006 6:42 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:
Yoda wrote:

Well, you start him if you want to work on his 3rd pitch because as Mariano Rivera can tell you, 2 good pitches doesn't work the 2nd time or the 3rd time around a lineup. The Red Sox could just be forcing Hansen to develope a more complete repetoire, but you could be right that they are experimenting him as a starter. you are the one closer to the East Coast and the one that knows more about minor leagues

Their bullpen is fine now with Pap, Foulke and Timlin. I think they are trying to see if Hansen could start and help them this year. And I think Hansen can.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby hybrid » Thu May 25, 2006 6:44 pm

Yoda wrote:Their bullpen is fine now with Pap, Foulke and Timlin. I think they are trying to see if Hansen could start and help them this year. And I think Hansen can.

Just for the record, I'm against it. ;-) :-b
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby PlayingWithFire » Thu May 25, 2006 6:46 pm

hybrid wrote:
Yoda wrote:Their bullpen is fine now with Pap, Foulke and Timlin. I think they are trying to see if Hansen could start and help them this year. And I think Hansen can.

you are against trying him at SP or you think he can't succeed there :-?
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Havok1517 » Thu May 25, 2006 6:47 pm

Seems like Foulke is waste on Boston's bench. I really hope they trade him.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 143)

Postby Yoda » Thu May 25, 2006 6:50 pm

hybrid wrote:

Hansen's electric though. I really like him a lot. I was hoping they would bring him up to close early in the year but Pap got the call.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers