Premier, MLB ready SP prospects - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Premier, MLB ready SP prospects

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Havok1517 » Thu May 25, 2006 5:07 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:
Tommy John wrote:How about Dustin McGowan, he used to be a top prospect, I think he went back to the minors to become a starter again. Could take the place of Josh Towers.

Anibal Sanchez, I would rank him ahead of Petit and anything could happen with the Marlins.

Craig Hansen next year when Papelbon becomes a starter.

Cesar Carrillo

Dustin McGowan is not projected to be an Ace type.

Nor is Sanchez, neither Olsen or Josh Johnson made the list and Sanchez is a step below those 2 but I like him better than Petit.

Hansen is a RP, we are talking about SP here.

No idea who Carrillo is...Fill me in?

Funny how Hansen is working on another pitch and starting all of his
minor league games, huh? :-?

Carrillo is a stud imo, drafted out of UMiami i believe by SD and really is quite polished and has a chance to be very successful in Petco. He should be up sometime during midseason.

I see McGowan as a great #3 to Halladay & Burnett if he can harness his abilty and build up his stamina.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 134)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Thu May 25, 2006 5:09 pm

Havok1517 wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:
Tommy John wrote:How about Dustin McGowan, he used to be a top prospect, I think he went back to the minors to become a starter again. Could take the place of Josh Towers.

Anibal Sanchez, I would rank him ahead of Petit and anything could happen with the Marlins.

Cesar Carrillo

Nor is Sanchez, neither Olsen or Josh Johnson made the list and Sanchez is a step below those 2 but I like him better than Petit.

minor league games, huh? :-?

Carrillo is a stud imo, drafted out of UMiami i believe by SD and really is quite polished and has a chance to be very successful in Petco. He should be up sometime during midseason.

I see McGowan as a great #3 to Halladay & Burnett if he can harness his abilty and build up his stamina.

Hansen's stuff is so good that they think he can be a starter. they are stretching him out and making him refine his three pitches. I guess it doesn't hurt.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby dyuen87 » Thu May 25, 2006 5:12 pm

laxguy8947 wrote:Mets fans can't get over Pelfrey. He's a great prospect but I can't imagine him having any kind of impact on the big club this year. He is in his first year of professional ball. The only guy I can think of off the top of my head who every did anything like that would be Mark Prior.

If Pelfrey is on the list, why not Andrew Miller :*) :-b }:-)

Oh and if Pelfrey does end up in the back of the Mets rotation this year, I like my Braves' chances even more ;-D

Pelfrey is touted as an "advanced college product." He is close to being major-league ready, as is Alex Gordon. They'll join their fellow draft mate, Zimmerman, in the majors soon. I wouldnt surprised to see him get a cup of coffee at the major league level in September when rosters are espanded.
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Havok1517 » Thu May 25, 2006 5:17 pm

Right now I think Matt Garza is the best pitcher in the minors. While moving from A to AA, he's been simply dominating. Now I'm not saying he gets called up but his stats are just fantastic (Hamels-like) and no injury history. How much long will the Twins let Radke keep blowing games? I'd probably like to see Durbin in there before Garza, but I don't know if they can hold this kid back.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby PlayingWithFire » Thu May 25, 2006 5:20 pm

Havok1517 wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:

Cesar Carrillo

minor league games
, huh? :-?

2 starts out of 5 last I checked
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PlayingWithFire » Thu May 25, 2006 5:22 pm

Havok1517 wrote:Right now I think Matt Garza is the best pitcher in the minors. While moving from A to AA, he's been simply dominating. Now I'm not saying he gets called up but his stats are just fantastic (Hamels-like) and no injury history. How much long will the Twins let Radke keep blowing games? I'd probably like to see Durbin in there before Garza, but I don't know if they can hold this kid back.

Absolutely, up to AA several weeks ago and is 2-0 with a 0.00 ERA and a rediculous k rate 8-o
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Morrison8312 » Thu May 25, 2006 5:53 pm

Hansen will be a RP. End of story...
Morrison8312
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Havok1517 » Thu May 25, 2006 6:03 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:

Cesar Carrillo

minor league games

He's in the minor league rotation.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby PlayingWithFire » Thu May 25, 2006 6:08 pm

Havok1517 wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:

Cesar Carrillo

minor league games

I know, you said he started all his game this year but I said he has 5 appearances and 2 of them are starts.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Yoda » Thu May 25, 2006 6:11 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:

Cesar Carrillo

minor league games

I know, you said he started all his game this year but I said he has 5 appearances and 2 of them are starts.

He started the last 2 if I am not mistaken.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers