Premier, MLB ready SP prospects - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Premier, MLB ready SP prospects

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Niffoc4 » Sat May 13, 2006 1:07 am

well... I think Chuck James could do some good things this year if he starts, he didn't look bad in relief earlier this year...though maybe he's not 'premiere'
Hayden Penn should get called up soon for Baltimore, his numbers from his 3 (?) starts last year in Baltimore shouldn't effect how he does this year and he is a stud...
I think Jeremy Sowers will get a callup the next time the Indians need a SP, after Carmona screws up his next start (again), he has had good numbers at AAA this year (I think) and he will have a great offense scoring runs (which should help him get wins)
Niffoc4
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1700
(Past Year: 9)
Joined: 26 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BabySitler » Sat May 13, 2006 1:34 am

Major League ready, or about to be a Major League pitcher? Jered Weaver???
"The Greeks didn't write obituaries, they only asked one question: Did he have passion?"

2014 50% off CBS http://cbssports.com/ref/49902950
BabySitler
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 336
(Past Year: 9)
Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Music2004Man » Sat May 13, 2006 11:00 am

hybrid wrote:Well Hammels is more or less a nice back of the rotation pitcher, I don't expect much out of him. If he could pitch decent and be an innings eater, I'd be happy.

Ah Neimann, heck i wish he would pull a Cole Hamels and storm into the majors. But it's hard to say right now, I believe he is expected back in a month or so and it should be easier to tell then. His stuff and control need to come back for him to be the pitcher most thought he would be.

On Davis, man if he could just get the walks down. He is dominating Low A and could prolly even pitch well in High A right now, but he won't get past that till he can improve his control. He has the stuff to be a top pitching prospect, he is just raw and needs more time.


Hybrid,

I'm curious why you see Hamels as a back of the rotation starter? His ERA in about 200 innings in the minors was 1.40 with 230 K's. Those are round numbers but I'm pretty sure they are accurate. He has a solid fastball for a lefty in the 91-93 range, a solid curve and a plus fastball.

Thanks
Music2004Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1092
Joined: 22 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby garf112 » Sat May 13, 2006 11:27 am

Music2004Man wrote:
hybrid wrote:Well Hammels is more or less a nice back of the rotation pitcher, I don't expect much out of him. If he could pitch decent and be an innings eater, I'd be happy.

Ah Neimann, heck i wish he would pull a Cole Hamels and storm into the majors. But it's hard to say right now, I believe he is expected back in a month or so and it should be easier to tell then. His stuff and control need to come back for him to be the pitcher most thought he would be.

On Davis, man if he could just get the walks down. He is dominating Low A and could prolly even pitch well in High A right now, but he won't get past that till he can improve his control. He has the stuff to be a top pitching prospect, he is just raw and needs more time.




Hybrid,

I'm curious why you see Hamels as a back of the rotation starter? His ERA in about 200 innings in the minors was 1.40 with 230 K's. Those are round numbers but I'm pretty sure they are accurate. He has a solid fastball for a lefty in the 91-93 range, a solid curve and a plus fastball.

Thanks


He's talking about Jason Hammel, who is pitching in AAA right now in the Tampa Bay system. Not quite the prospect that Cole Hamels is.
Join Pennant Wars today! A simulated fantasy baseball game where you are the General Manager.

http://www.pennantwars.com/index.php?r= ... &user=2163
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 2307
(Past Year: 42)
Joined: 10 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PlayingWithFire » Sat May 13, 2006 1:20 pm

BabySitler wrote:Major League ready, or about to be a Major League pitcher? Jered Weaver???


shoot, I probably should include him right guys? :-o
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13262
Joined: 7 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Manhattan, KS

Postby cordscords » Sat May 13, 2006 1:29 pm

It took this long for Weaver to be mentioned?

He should be getting the call soon.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4343
(Past Year: 20)
Joined: 23 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PlayingWithFire » Wed May 24, 2006 8:56 pm

where does Weaver rank guys?
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13262
Joined: 7 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Manhattan, KS

Postby hybrid » Wed May 24, 2006 9:00 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:where does Weaver rank guys?


Near the bottom with Lester/Pabelbon, as the rest have ace potential.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 6107
Joined: 26 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: miles away from the unordinary

Postby Tommy John » Thu May 25, 2006 1:55 pm

How about Dustin McGowan, he used to be a top prospect, I think he went back to the minors to become a starter again. Could take the place of Josh Towers.

Anibal Sanchez, I would rank him ahead of Petit and anything could happen with the Marlins.

Craig Hansen next year when Papelbon becomes a starter.

Cesar Carrillo
Tommy John
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 620
Joined: 19 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Mid-Missouri

Postby PlayingWithFire » Thu May 25, 2006 5:01 pm

Tommy John wrote:How about Dustin McGowan, he used to be a top prospect, I think he went back to the minors to become a starter again. Could take the place of Josh Towers.

Anibal Sanchez, I would rank him ahead of Petit and anything could happen with the Marlins.

Craig Hansen next year when Papelbon becomes a starter.

Cesar Carrillo


Dustin McGowan is not projected to be an Ace type.

Nor is Sanchez, neither Olsen or Josh Johnson made the list and Sanchez is a step below those 2 but I like him better than Petit.

Hansen is a RP, we are talking about SP here.

No idea who Carrillo is...Fill me in?
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13262
Joined: 7 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Manhattan, KS

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Aug. 1
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Seattle at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Texas at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Philadelphia at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Colorado at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
LA Angels at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
San Francisco at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Cincinnati at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
NY Yankees at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Minnesota at Chi White Sox
(8:10 pm)
Toronto at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Milwaukee at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
Kansas City at Oakland
(9:35 pm)
Pittsburgh at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
Chi Cubs at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
Atlanta at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact