How am I getting owned by this roster?!? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

How am I getting owned by this roster?!?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How am I getting owned by this roster?!?

Postby Thremp » Fri May 12, 2006 1:07 pm

This is a yahoo 5x5 league H2H league. We only have 6 teams so we're all stacked. I'm currently half a game in first but losing 9-1 to this moron and his roster. WTF? I wanna cry. Here is his roster.

Batting

C I. Rodríguez
1B J. Thome
2B F. López
3B M. Ensberg
SS O. Cabrera
OF N. Swisher
OF L. Berkman
OF M. Holliday
Util N. Johnson
BN J. Giambi

DL D. Lee

Pitching

SP B. Penny
SP J. Bonderman
RP H. Street
RP C. Ray
P P. Martínez
P F. Rodney
P S. Kazmir
BN C. Capuano
BN B. Arroyo
BN T. Glavine
BN J. Patterson

My roster
C J. Varitek
1B D. Ortiz
2B C. Utley
3B T. Glaus
SS M. Young
OF C. Crawford
OF J. Bay
OF B. Abreu
Util M. Teixeira
BN B. Bonds

Pitching

SP D. Willis
SP J. Vázquez
RP Fr. Rodríguez
RP T. Gordon
P B. Wickman
P M. Mussina
P J. Garland
BN J. Peavy
BN J. Contreras
BN C. Sabathia
BN B. Sheets
DL B. Colón

I'm trading Bonds and Contreras for B. Wagner. I also don't know what to do with my DL guys. I'm thinking about packaging a couple of them together for a top level starter (Oswalt... Someone... Anyone :/) Here is what my roster looks like a couple weeks ago. I wanna try to snag Chone Figgins to play the bench for me and fill holes I may have from time to time. I'd probably give pitching for him.

Old roster: http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=200629
Thremp Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BxBombers951 » Fri May 12, 2006 6:24 pm

i can tell u exactly y ur getting owned...ur team is all big names off to slow starts. varitek, ortiz, crawford, abreu, bay, dontrelle and teixera are all off to extremely slow starts. garland is garbage, way overrated. sheets and contreras are both hurt.

now on his side, ensberg, swisher, thome, giambi, holliday, and nicky johnson are killing the ball. cabrera is off to a fantastic start. penny, pedro, kazmir, glavine, arroyo, and capuano are doing awesome. felipe lopez recently stole 4 bases in 1 game. honesty im not surprised that hes owning u. but dont be worried, ur entire team is slumping, and when they jump back ull be fine. take ur loss this week and check out the FA in ur league. it seems like the people in ur league arent too baseball smart, so im sure theres plenty of FA. get a better catcher, trade dontrelle, drop garland, and the most important thing is to trade either bay or abreu. they both are ranked so high cause they get u steal along with average and rbis, but u have no need for both of them since u have crawford. see who u can get for bay. good luck
BxBombers951
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby Weasel_King » Sat May 13, 2006 4:31 pm

Well, most of your players are stone cold like BxBomber said. I happen to own Garland, and also agree with BxBombers that he is garbage. :,-(

Don't try to ship Dontrelle out until he has a decent start (probably soon), for selling low isn't a good idea. I like your OF's a lot, and your going to do well in SB's. Overall, you have a pretty good roster. By the way, if that other dude is still starting Rodney, you can probably rip him off based on his intellect. :-)
Weasel_King
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby crazyape171 » Sun May 14, 2006 11:23 pm

give your players time and you will own up
crazyape171
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby errantnight » Mon May 15, 2006 1:19 pm

It's one week of losing and you're evaluating your team solely on their name value and not on what they're actually doing.

And why are you trading for Wagner? His arm is about to fall off.
errantnight
College Coach
College Coach

Postby hoya1982 » Mon May 15, 2006 1:22 pm

errantnight wrote:It's one week of losing and you're evaluating your team solely on their name value and not on what they're actually doing.

And why are you trading for Wagner? His arm is about to fall off.

He is trading Contreras, who is already on the DL, and Bonds, who can barely walk, for him so its a decent deal.
hoya1982
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Thremp » Mon May 15, 2006 3:12 pm

I know. However, my team has several first and second rounders. Should I be trading for guys who're going on hot streaks etc?

My pitching staff needs a little work. I'm hoping to package Wagner and another started for a lesser named closer and a better starter.

Yeah Bonds wasn't going to be making my starting line-ups and I needed to get rid of a DL pitcher. I figured picking up a big name closer was best since I could atleast turn him around and put him to someone else soon.

Final verdict was a nice 9-0-1 defeat.
Thremp Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby schmidty » Mon May 15, 2006 4:25 pm

Don't panic. I just got owned 9-2 in my H2H league against a team that I should've dominated. That'll happen some weeks. So Pedro Feliz outperforms Travis Hafner for a week ... doesn't mean I should trade them. Your offense is monster, and your pitching should improve with better health (like Sheets, Sabathia, Colon, Contreras) and consistency (Willis can't be this bad, can he?).
schmidty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team