Griffey Jr. to NYY? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Griffey Jr. to NYY?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Matthias » Fri May 12, 2006 12:22 pm

Warpigs wrote:
cs2000 wrote:Griffey always said he would never play for the N.Y. Yankees.


And how many World Series rings does Griffey have? Someone in his position nearing the end of a career (when factoring in injuries, etc.), can be a little forgiving when it comes to old grudges -- especially when he is put in the best possible situation for a ring.


No offense, but I don't know if I'd call the Bronx even the fifth-best situation to get a ring right now.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 4860
Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Fri May 12, 2006 12:26 pm

Talk about east coast bias. Nobody in this thread is even considering the Reds' point of view. There is absolutely no reason to trade him at this point, so it just won't happen, especially not for the crap that NY would offer in return.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 11960
Joined: 31 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cordscords » Fri May 12, 2006 12:29 pm

Matthias wrote:
Warpigs wrote:
cs2000 wrote:Griffey always said he would never play for the N.Y. Yankees.


And how many World Series rings does Griffey have? Someone in his position nearing the end of a career (when factoring in injuries, etc.), can be a little forgiving when it comes to old grudges -- especially when he is put in the best possible situation for a ring.


No offense, but I don't know if I'd call the Bronx even the fifth-best situation to get a ring right now.


I'm with you on that. They really need to go out and trade for a quality SP at the break if they want to win it all.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4346
(Past Year: 23)
Joined: 23 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Big Stick » Fri May 12, 2006 12:30 pm

Dear Yankees,
My name is Bubba Crosby, I have been in your organization for about three years now. Last winter, I had the opportunity to earn a full time job as your starting center fielder but, the Idiots know as George Steinbrenner and Brian Cashman brought in a bigger idiot, Mr Red Sox himself Johnny Damon. Now that Hideki Matsui and Mr: "I don't know what I was rubbing on my leg" Gary Sheffield are injured, it's time to give me a chance. I maybe your best defensive outfielder, not to mentioned besides The Captain Derek Jeter your best base runner. The Yankee fans are tired of geriatrics players. The want to see some new exciting young players. I hope not to see Ken Griffey Jr. In the Bronx. I realize that I am waisting by breath because I am sure "The Boss" will do something idiotic!
Image
Signature by: RedWoodTree824
______________
"Major League Baseball's most storied franchise, winning 26 World Series titles in 39 appearances"!
The Big Stick
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 593
Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: At The Stadium With The Bleacher Creatures.

Postby The Loveable Losers » Fri May 12, 2006 12:33 pm

slomo007 wrote:Talk about east coast bias. Nobody in this thread is even considering the Reds' point of view. There is absolutely no reason to trade him at this point, so it just won't happen, especially not for the crap that NY would offer in return.


I was simply pointing out in my post that I think the Reds would be fine with Freel in CF (his recent performance notwithstanding). I don't think the Reds *should* make this deal - you're right that they're not out of the race at this point (in fact they're at the front of the pack) and they're not in rebuilding mode at all.

The only deal that I could see possibly being worthwhile is Farnsworth and prospects but even then I don't see taking that bat out of the heart of the order (not to mention Farnsworth makes too much).
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 7290
Joined: 30 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Cubs Win!!! Cubs Win!!!

Postby dyuen87 » Fri May 12, 2006 12:57 pm

The Big Stick wrote:Dear Yankees,
My name is Bubba Crosby, I have been in your organization for about three years now. Last winter, I had the opportunity to earn a full time job as your starting center fielder but, the Idiots know as George Steinbrenner and Brian Cashman brought in a bigger idiot, Mr Red Sox himself Johnny Damon. Now that Hideki Matsui and Mr: "I don't know what I was rubbing on my leg" Gary Sheffield are injured, it's time to give me a chance. I maybe your best defensive outfielder, not to mentioned besides The Captain Derek Jeter your best base runner. The Yankee fans are tired of geriatrics players. The want to see some new exciting young players. I hope not to see Ken Griffey Jr. In the Bronx. I realize that I am waisting by breath because I am sure "The Boss" will do something idiotic!


agreed. I dont want Griffey in pinstripes. Especially not if it's going to cost us one of our few good prospects.
Image
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2514
Joined: 26 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri May 12, 2006 1:03 pm

If this happens someone needs to stage a coup and take over control of the Yankees. The last thing they need is another aging, over-priced, overrated, underachieving superstar on the back end of his career.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5265
Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Another Blown Save » Fri May 12, 2006 1:12 pm

The Big Stick wrote:Dear Yankees,
My name is Bubba Crosby, I have been in your organization for about three years now. Last winter, I had the opportunity to earn a full time job as your starting center fielder but, the Idiots know as George Steinbrenner and Brian Cashman brought in a bigger idiot, Mr Red Sox himself Johnny Damon. Now that Hideki Matsui and Mr: "I don't know what I was rubbing on my leg" Gary Sheffield are injured, it's time to give me a chance. I maybe your best defensive outfielder, not to mentioned besides The Captain Derek Jeter your best base runner. The Yankee fans are tired of geriatrics players. The want to see some new exciting young players. I hope not to see Ken Griffey Jr. In the Bronx. I realize that I am waisting by breath because I am sure "The Boss" will do something idiotic!

lol, nice post ;-D
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 5385
Joined: 21 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby nuggets » Fri May 12, 2006 1:52 pm

That'd be funny to see, Griffey Jr., ARod and Unit all back together as one big happy family ;-7

Maybe the Yanks can sign Edgar Matinez to the geriatrics crew too, then they'd be assured of any needed heroics versus the Mariners :-b
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3342
Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby nsulham » Fri May 12, 2006 1:54 pm

I'm all for the Yankees trading away Hughes to get Junior ;-D
Image
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4883
Joined: 26 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Charlottesville

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: scarnicease and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Monday, Sep. 22
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Baltimore at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Seattle at Toronto
(7:07 pm)
Chi White Sox at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
Pittsburgh at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
St. Louis at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Houston at Texas
(8:05 pm)

Sunday, Aug. 31

Cleveland at Cody
(8:07 pm)
indoors

Monday, Sep. 22

Arizona at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
LA Angels at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
San Francisco at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
Colorado at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact