Brewers call up...Dana Eveland... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Brewers call up...Dana Eveland...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Brewers call up...Dana Eveland...

Postby bryan1327 » Thu May 11, 2006 10:57 pm

Does any one have any info on him? He is starting for the Brewers on Saturday vs Mets

I did look up his stats at Nashville this season. He was 3-1 with an 0.75 ERA and 33 strikeouts vs. seven walks in 36 innings. Other then that I really don't know to much about him.

Any Brewer fans out there have any info?

Thanks...
"I am a shining example...of what you never wanna be" TESLA '04
bryan1327
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: at home listening to hair metal...scouring the internet for baseball stuff

Postby Steve-o » Thu May 11, 2006 11:41 pm

22 year old hard throwing left hander with a decent slider. Pretty big ground ball pitcher. Weight issues. Apparently showed up to ST out of shape and over weight.

Hard to tell with a guy that young what to expect. They were thinking of converting to MR at one time.

I probably wouldn't add him for the game, but I think the Brewers are playing the Mets 5th starter, whoever that would be. Maybe a high scoring game.
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri May 12, 2006 8:46 am

Steve-o wrote:22 year old hard throwing left hander with a decent slider. Pretty big ground ball pitcher. Weight issues. Apparently showed up to ST out of shape and over weight.

Hard to tell with a guy that young what to expect. They were thinking of converting to MR at one time.

I probably wouldn't add him for the game, but I think the Brewers are playing the Mets 5th starter, whoever that would be. Maybe a high scoring game.

so is he a CC Sabathia-Lite...(or would that be Heavy?)
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby mdHARRIS » Fri May 12, 2006 10:08 am

Is this the same guy who stank it up in middle relief last year with a 5-something ERA???
mdHARRIS
College Coach
College Coach

Postby PBRmeASAP » Fri May 12, 2006 11:52 am

yeah, he did put up a 5+ ERA last year. Keep in mind that he's still very young. The Brewers were desperate for a lefty in the pen and gave him a shot last season. He was pretty darn effective early then struggled down the strech.

I think he's got enough talent that he's worth keeping an eye on. If you are in very deep leagues he may be worth adding right now. I say he has a fair shot of sticking in the rotation if he pitches well. Ohka's out pretty much for the sesaon and his replacement, Ben Hendrickson, looks to be a 4A type pitcher doomed to long relief in the majors.
PBRmeASAP
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby T-Bone Costanza » Fri May 12, 2006 12:34 pm

Ha, knowing the way unheard of callups seem to baffle the Mets historically, this guy is probably a good start this weekend.
T-Bone Costanza
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Scooter1027 » Fri May 12, 2006 7:56 pm

mdHARRIS wrote:Is this the same guy who stank it up in middle relief last year with a 5-something ERA???

You're right, although I think it's fair to give him a little benefit of the doubt. The Brewers badly needed bullpen help, and called up this 21 year old straight from Huntsville without any AAA experience, and without any experience being a situational reliever. He's a starter. I think the goal was to limit his innings somewhat, because he was on pace as a starter in AA to crush his own personal best for innings in a season. He came on with a pretty good july, a below average august, and then fell apart in september.

This year, he has picked it up and dominated AAA (0.75/0.81), and is now getting a shot to start, rather then throw situation relief. I wouldn't call him Sabathia-lite because I don't think he has the big fastball. He throws 91-93 with a big curve.

All that said, I wouldn't be rushing to get him yet, wait and see what he does. Odds are no one else is jumping at him, so you can afford to wait and see a bit. I think he can be successful, but it may not be right away. He's still mighty young.
Scooter1027
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Re: Brewers call up...Dana Eveland...

Postby rlee » Sat May 13, 2006 10:58 am

bryan1327 wrote:Does any one have any info on him? He is starting for the Brewers on Saturday vs Mets

I did look up his stats at Nashville this season. He was 3-1 with an 0.75 ERA and 33 strikeouts vs. seven walks in 36 innings. Other then that I really don't know to much about him.

Thanks...

He is starting today.
rlee
rlee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Re: Brewers call up...Dana Eveland...

Postby Krunk City King$ » Sat May 13, 2006 10:55 pm

rlee wrote:
bryan1327 wrote:Does any one have any info on him? He is starting for the Brewers on Saturday vs Mets

Thanks...

He is starting today.

he is no cole hamels.....

Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Niffoc4 » Sun May 14, 2006 12:26 am

but you won't have to use a high waiver priority to get him... though I think wait and see is a better approach
Niffoc4
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Return to Baseball Leftovers