Underachievers..what to do? Always WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Underachievers..what to do? Always WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby bosoxrock34 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:18 pm

keep ramon dump bedard trade mench check ww for 1bs and move utley try to sell iguchi and mench
bosoxrock34
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby westerdylan » Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:03 pm

Try to move I-Rod and Mench for a quality pitcher.
westerdylan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby elltrain22 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:59 pm

You've got alot of power on your team, sb's good, run production is good, rbi's is pretty good, but average is a little shaky. Your sp'ing has alot of high era & high whip guys, which I can guess is a category you've been stuggling w/, also no really good strikeout pitchers besides Carpie. I would definelty take Verlander and drop Garcia (can't believe he is available), I also like Blake for Mench, also like JJ Putz (great name) for Dempster. The rest of your team looks good, and you'll get back to your winning ways soon...

BTW, yeah Baldelli is my favorite player. He is gonna be a stud, you watch. Italian pride...
elltrain22
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby TheRegulars » Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:49 pm

First, thanks for the help. Second, DO NOT DROP RAMON...he is the 3d best catcher in baseball right now. I think you should drop Mench for Blake, drop Bedard (actually, he pitches tonight so see how he follows up his 12-K/0-BB outing) and PICK-UP Verlander - either way pick up Verlander, and H. Ramirez can add some additional speed if you are close on SB.
TheRegulars
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jake_harv88 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:59 pm

yeah alot of your guys are just slumping right now, most namingly burrell, tracy, utley, and ensberg. I wouldn't worry about these guys because they will be able to turn it around at some point. Dont make any hastly moves with these guys just because you get angry. I would drop bedard for verlander. i have bedard written down as a fantasy tease. He always seems to put together a couple good starts and just when you think hes gonna be the 5-2 2.80 ERA pitcher we saw last year he throws it all down the toilet. I would throw him on the waivers and let someone else deal with the problems. No need to have two catchers, but they are hard to trade because most people tend not too care too much about the C position. Pudge carries the most name value but Ramon is playing better so try packaging one or the other with the uber streaky mench for a pitcher...
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Shizane » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:27 am

Thanks for the help on mine......

Drop Mench like he's hot.....or just cut him. Drop freakin Ryan Dempster (he's no closer....they should call him the opener) and pick up Putz before people catch on that he is actually the full-time closer in Seattle....Guardado will probably be DFA'd relatively soon.

Definitely pick up Verlander.......

The 3 moves above should make your team much better. You still need to figure out how to get a big slugger into your lineup though....
Shizane
College Coach
College Coach

Postby trawgdoor » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:12 am

Thanks for your help... Certainly drop Dempster for Putz and drop Garland for Verlander. Those are the two most obvious moves to me. Putz has been fantastic for me. I realize many think Verlander may not keep it up, but he's better than Garland and he's not slowed yet.
trawgdoor
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby mamiemell » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:01 am

Mench, Kearns and Bedard are all expendable to me....try and package them for a pitcher. Thanks for your help with mine!
mamiemell
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Cubbie_Fan » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:09 am

Thanks for your help!

I agree with mamiemall, Mench (crowed OF in TX), Bedard, and Kearns are expendable, but I will add Garland to that mix. I would pick up Putz (drop Dempster) or Verlander from your wire and sit tight.

Your team is decent -you just have to sometimes ride the roller-coaster that is fantasy sports.

Good luck!
Is it our year yet, dammit?!? GO CUBBIES!!!
Cubbie_Fan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mgblues » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:37 am

I think you are suffering from the same slumping offensive production that my team is... & it is difficult to be patient when you feel as if your team is going down in flames. Sometimes the hardest thing to do is be patient. For some of your slumping players, patience is the answer. For others, it isn't.

I would not drop either of your catchers. In my league I have to start two & would kill for either Pudge or Ramon.

I was going to recommend that if you only start 1 & do not have health concerns, you could package one with Mench to try to upgrade your pitching. Perhaps look at the other teams & identify a team with a need for an upgrade at catcher & a ton of SPs.

At the same time, I also have fallen out of love with Bedard. I drafted him with hopes that he would be my second ace behind Peavy. So much for that as he has sucked more than not this season. I'd drop him for Verlander. Additionally, I like Putz more than Dempster. I would consider swapping Putz for Dempster.

That is all I would do right now but it should be enough to solidify you until the slumps are over. Your wins should come.

Good luck.

Hope this helps.

I'd love your opinion if you have the time:

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1745000#1745000

or

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1744784#1744784

If you have already replied to my posts, my sincere thanks!
"It's 106 miles to Chicago... we've got a full tank of gas, 1/2 a pack of cigarettes, it's dark & we're wearing sunglasses...

Hit it."
mgblues
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team