What's the best Fantasy Baseball Host Site and why? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What's the best Fantasy Baseball Host Site and why?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby West Coast Fan » Mon Jul 28, 2003 2:58 pm

This is my third year with Yahoo and I think it's great. I do miss the who's hot/not, but that's ok. I have four teams, the max you can have. I have 2 H2H and 2 roto. When you purchase stat tracker, it works for all 4 of my teams, so it's way worth it. For example, last night in H2H my opponent had Manny Ramirez. I was losing BA
.310 to .316. Manny went 0-2 so I ended up winning BA .310 to .308 I could watch this real-time when Manny batted.

Yahoo is free and if you win your league, next year you have the chance to be in a public league comprised of other league winners.

As with all fantasy leagues, teams that give up are an issue. But what else isnew.
West Coast Fan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Althalius » Mon Jul 28, 2003 3:22 pm

i heard that yahoo spokesmen said they wouldnt make yahoo fantasy only pay because they think yahoo is at the head of the industry and should continually offer free service or something... this was a few montsh ago though before the season started
Althalius
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby demoflauchy » Mon Jul 28, 2003 4:56 pm

2nd year in CBS, love the game, don't care for the site. They reduced the features this year and the programming is shotty at best.

1st year in Yahoo, it's a bit too simple for me, layout isn't that great, but overall no problems.
demoflauchy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Where are the Sandboxers?

Postby TateDecker » Mon Jul 28, 2003 7:59 pm

Doesnt anyone else use Sandbox? Sandbox was terrible last year, but since they started charging they are unbeatable. To me its worth 40 bucks to get impeccable service and reliability, live stats, etc. And for the rotoheads out there, playing fantasy points is a whole different level,. Ill never play roto again.
TateDecker
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby jerrycantrell » Mon Jul 28, 2003 9:17 pm

willieroe wrote:If you appreciate the Yahoo fantasy service, though, I suggest that you at least purchase the StatTracker (or patronize the webpage sponsers.) At $7.95, StatTracker is less than 5 cents a day, and you get instant feedback on your team's performance, as well as every other team in your league(s).

Yahoo certainly does not HAVE to offer a free service, and if not enough revenue comes in from the ancillary purchases, fantasy baseball on Yahoo will most likely NOT be free in the future.

do you work for yahoo :-)
jerrycantrell
College Coach
College Coach

Postby willieroe » Mon Jul 28, 2003 9:28 pm

jerrycantrell wrote:do you work for yahoo :-)

If I worked for Yahoo, I would have suggested that you purchase ALL of the premium add-ons.... :-D
willieroe
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby thehat » Tue Jul 29, 2003 3:04 am

Another vote for Yahoo...wish they would be more consistent and timely on the player additions, but that's about the only beef.

I like the Stat Tracker. It's cheap enough for the season and it's enjoyable.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby IchiBalls » Tue Jul 29, 2003 2:49 pm

I'd suggest Stat Tracker for anybody who has more than one or two leagues on Yahoo. You only have to pay for Stat Tracker once and it covers all your teams for that season. So for sports with lots of games like Baseball and Basketball it can be a useful time saver. Football, not so much. Yahoo is definitely the best league I've tried.

Any opinions on ESPN? I would've thought it'd be one of the popular ones. I use their tips all the time, but always play the free leagues.
IchiBalls
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sporky » Tue Jul 29, 2003 9:25 pm

I would think ESPN would be popular too. (They have enough on-air promos for their football league)

I've only played Yahoo, which I like a lot. But I was also wondering, has anybody played in the challeges advertised in Baseball Weekly?
sporky

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby timkell » Tue Jul 29, 2003 9:39 pm

For me, I've used Yahoo, Sportsline and Sandbox over the last few years.

Sandbox sucks. I don't care if they've fixed everything. They are never getting my money again.

Yahoo, I've always hated the interface.

Sportsline, I love the look and feel. I love the scoreboards, the news, everything. I love the customized stat reports, and I love the league message board. If they would just stop with these annoying glitches!!!

We have a commissioner's league on Sportsline, where you can make most of your own rules and set your own scoring. That's really why we picked it. Does anyone have a similar league on some other site that they like better than Sportsline?
timkell
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers