What's the best Fantasy Baseball Host Site and why? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What's the best Fantasy Baseball Host Site and why?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby willieroe » Sun Jul 27, 2003 7:27 pm

If you appreciate the Yahoo fantasy service, though, I suggest that you at least purchase the StatTracker (or patronize the webpage sponsers.) At $7.95, StatTracker is less than 5 cents a day, and you get instant feedback on your team's performance, as well as every other team in your league(s).

Yahoo certainly does not HAVE to offer a free service, and if not enough revenue comes in from the ancillary purchases, fantasy baseball on Yahoo will most likely NOT be free in the future.
willieroe
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ondeckb » Sun Jul 27, 2003 9:00 pm

This is my fourth year playing Yahoo....no complaints except they took some free goodies away this year (real time player updates, the Who's Hot section, etc). Overall I'm really satisfied with Yahoo. Who's paid for premium Yahoo services this year and how did you like them?
"Ninety feet between bases is the closest man has ever come to perfection"
ondeckb
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby msaint » Sun Jul 27, 2003 9:50 pm

Switched from CBS sportsline to TQStats this year, couldn't be happier...VERY responsive to cust. service questions, have options to add minor league players from all MLB teams onto active rosters, other nice options.....far better than CBS, IMO.
msaint
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 5)

Postby red » Sun Jul 27, 2003 9:52 pm

Does yahoo have an H2H points based system? Or do they only have H2H roto-- competing in categories. I love the points based sytems, myself-- but sportsline has driven me crazy-- yet, it's the only place I can find it.
red
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ondeckb » Sun Jul 27, 2003 10:11 pm

Yahoo offers Roto or H2H in public leagues. Fantasy Points is available in private leagues. I enjoy H2H myownself. Somehow it just feels like game competition to me....what's everyone's preference and why?
"Ninety feet between bases is the closest man has ever come to perfection"
ondeckb
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby pkarr5000 » Sun Jul 27, 2003 10:23 pm

i like roto a lot better than h2h but i still play a bunch of h2h leagues. i dont know, it just seems that h2h is won by just luck.
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Stats, Inc

Postby The Zot » Mon Jul 28, 2003 1:57 am

You want Stats, try Bill James fantasy Baseball from Stats, Inc. Much more interesting than roto, and lots more strategy twist.
The Zot

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby bonecrusher17 » Mon Jul 28, 2003 9:22 am

I've done a bunch of different sites and TQ Stats is far and a way the best in my opinion. I've never had problems with the site, very customizable...it's nearly perfect.
Put the lotion in the basket.
bonecrusher17
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ball crusher » Mon Jul 28, 2003 9:40 am

Who cares, just don't shell out any more dough to sportsline. They are giving my league one of the biggest rape jobs I've ever seen.
ball crusher
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby msaint » Mon Jul 28, 2003 2:36 pm

[quote="bonecrusher17"]I've done a bunch of different sites and TQ Stats is far and a way the best in my opinion. I've never had problems with the site, very customizable...it's nearly perfect.[/quote]

Ditto....as I said in my other post, TQStats has been great. They really worked with us to customize our scoring, e.g. in the power categories we have weird bonuses for 2 HR games/3 HR games/grand slams, etc.)
msaint
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 5)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers