D. Sanchez - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

D. Sanchez

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby chris_dubyuh » Thu May 11, 2006 4:36 pm

He is pitching a bit over his head but he should get the first chance to close. He looked ok in his brief appearances in the 9th last year. I've seen this guy pitch for a while now, maybe he's just breaking out and has fully developed his stuff.
chris_dubyuh
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 998
Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Los Angeles

Postby The Kavorka » Thu May 11, 2006 4:39 pm

A steal for the Mets and an absolute God send for their bullpen.

Love the energy he brings when he enters the game.
What are you guys doing?
"Putting on the Foil Coach!"
The Kavorka
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 488
Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AT » Thu May 11, 2006 6:41 pm

Xtreemes wrote:My guess is 65% chance it would be Sanchez and 35% chance it would be Heilman, or they could just split the closing duties if Wagner got hurt. Either way Sanchez is pitching really well and should keep it up all season.


No way man. It's 100% Sanchez's job if something happens to Wagner. The Aaron Heilman lovefest is a fan thing, not shared by the organization.
Image
AT
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3920
Joined: 23 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: On Parole

Postby Xtreemes » Thu May 11, 2006 6:45 pm

AT wrote:
Xtreemes wrote:My guess is 65% chance it would be Sanchez and 35% chance it would be Heilman, or they could just split the closing duties if Wagner got hurt. Either way Sanchez is pitching really well and should keep it up all season.


No way man. It's 100% Sanchez's job if something happens to Wagner. The Aaron Heilman lovefest is a fan thing, not shared by the organization.


Absolutely wrong. Heilman and Sanchez have been splitting the 8th inning setup duties, the organization loves both of them. They haven't put Heilman in the rotation because they love the Heilman Sanchez combination setting up Wagner. I don't know where you get your information from, but i'd check again.
Xtreemes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 533
Joined: 29 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chris_dubyuh » Thu May 11, 2006 8:32 pm

Xtreemes wrote:Absolutely wrong. Heilman and Sanchez have been splitting the 8th inning setup duties, the organization loves both of them. They haven't put Heilman in the rotation because they love the Heilman Sanchez combination setting up Wagner. I don't know where you get your information from, but i'd check again.


Yes but Sanchez has been 99.9% nastier than Heilman...Hehe :-b
chris_dubyuh
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 998
Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Los Angeles

Postby Xtreemes » Thu May 11, 2006 8:47 pm

chris_dubyuh wrote:
Xtreemes wrote:Absolutely wrong. Heilman and Sanchez have been splitting the 8th inning setup duties, the organization loves both of them. They haven't put Heilman in the rotation because they love the Heilman Sanchez combination setting up Wagner. I don't know where you get your information from, but i'd check again.


Yes but Sanchez has been 99.9% nastier than Heilman...Hehe :-b


Haha yes Sanchez has been nasty. I was just replying to the "The organization doesn't love Heilman" nonsense.
Xtreemes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 533
Joined: 29 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Xtreemes » Thu May 11, 2006 9:18 pm

j24jags wrote:
Xtreemes wrote:
AT wrote:
Xtreemes wrote:My guess is 65% chance it would be Sanchez and 35% chance it would be Heilman, or they could just split the closing duties if Wagner got hurt. Either way Sanchez is pitching really well and should keep it up all season.


No way man. It's 100% Sanchez's job if something happens to Wagner. The Aaron Heilman lovefest is a fan thing, not shared by the organization.


Absolutely wrong. Heilman and Sanchez have been splitting the 8th inning setup duties, the organization loves both of them. They haven't put Heilman in the rotation because they love the Heilman Sanchez combination setting up Wagner. I don't know where you get your information from, but i'd check again.

thats not true, its been 7th-heilman, 8th-sanchez in just about every game within the last 2-3 weeks



Here are the innings Heilman pitched in during his past 10 appearances

9th
8th and 9th
7th and 8th
8th
6th and 7th
7th
9th
8th
9th
7th and 8th

and in all 4 of those 2 inning outings he pitched the full 2 innings. So that is only 2 games out of the last 10 which he hasnt pitched in the 8th inning or later, so i don't know where you got this Heilman 7th, Sanchez 8th stuff.
Xtreemes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 533
Joined: 29 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 4:29 hours
(and 93 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact