D. Sanchez - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

D. Sanchez

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

D. Sanchez

Postby acsguitar » Thu May 11, 2006 2:39 pm

This guy seems to be pretty darn good this year.

Any idea if he would step up if wagner blew his arm out?

He's let up 1 run in 22 innings with 18 k's and 7 walks
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby AcidRock23 » Thu May 11, 2006 2:40 pm

I caught a couple of Mets games and his stuff is FILTHY!! I have him for some ratio relief on a couple of teams and he's been useful. ;-D
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 4170
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Champaign, IL

Postby Xtreemes » Thu May 11, 2006 2:42 pm

My guess is 65% chance it would be Sanchez and 35% chance it would be Heilman, or they could just split the closing duties if Wagner got hurt. Either way Sanchez is pitching really well and should keep it up all season.
Xtreemes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 533
Joined: 29 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Thu May 11, 2006 2:43 pm

Right on...he's super under the radar I never hear anything about him
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby Dplymkr88 » Thu May 11, 2006 2:50 pm

Duaner's new nickname....Dirty Sanchez.
Image
Dplymkr88
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 249
Joined: 9 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Loveable Losers » Thu May 11, 2006 2:52 pm

With Wagner claiming not to have any issues with the finger all the while struggling a bit and having BP writers speculating about the health of his finger I would roster Sanchez if you have the space. He's been outstanding this year and will most likely close if anything does happen to Wagner.

I'm actually carrying both him and Heilman in a league that I carry 6 MR's for ratios...you could do a lot worse than these guys in the ratio department.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 7290
Joined: 30 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Cubs Win!!! Cubs Win!!!

Postby The Kavorka » Thu May 11, 2006 3:11 pm

Sanchez is filthy. His breaking ball is lethal.

If something happened to Wagner I am 99% certain Sanchez would take over for him.

He went 8 for 8 in save chances last year for the Dodgers when Gagne went down.
What are you guys doing?
"Putting on the Foil Coach!"
The Kavorka
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 488
Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dplymkr88 » Thu May 11, 2006 3:17 pm

Imagine that, a trade actually went the Mets way? Guess the real GM was out of town that day.
Image
Dplymkr88
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 249
Joined: 9 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Xtreemes » Thu May 11, 2006 3:30 pm

Dplymkr88 wrote:Imagine that, a trade actually went the Mets way? Guess the real GM was out of town that day.


The Delgado trade seems to be working out. Nady is succeeding. Lo Duca is doing his job nicely.
Xtreemes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 533
Joined: 29 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby garf112 » Thu May 11, 2006 3:32 pm

Dplymkr88 wrote:Duaner's new nickname....Dirty Sanchez.


I don't think that's a "new" nickname for him. My friends and I have been using it for at least the last two years. It is a funny nickname, though. :-D

I think he is pitching a bit over his head, but he is a solid setup guy, don't think he'll ever be a great closer. I think Heilman is first in line to close.
Join Pennant Wars today! A simulated fantasy baseball game where you are the General Manager.

http://www.pennantwars.com/index.php?r= ... &user=2163
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 2307
(Past Year: 42)
Joined: 10 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ensanimal and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Thursday, Jul. 31
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Chi White Sox at Detroit
(1:08 pm)
Colorado at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
St. Louis at San Diego
(3:40 pm)
Philadelphia at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Seattle at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
LA Angels at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Toronto at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
Atlanta at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact