I've got a chip on my shoulder - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

I've got a chip on my shoulder

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby WickedSmaat » Fri May 12, 2006 12:18 am

The only that really got me mad was the fact that he never responded back to me saying anything about the test I lost. I was willing and able to accept the fact that he'd fail me if I didn't get it in, but he gave me no reasons at all as to why he couldn't e-mail me back. It would have taken maybe 10 seconds to tell me if I could or could not get a test from him. This was the answer that I wanted and have yet to get. This is why the above post(mostly just needing to vent to someone and maybe find some reason in it) is there. About 95% of me felt that there wouldn't be a chance of overturning his decision. I just feel on the principle he is wrong in this situation, that's why I brought up the other girl. In no way would I use that as leverage against him as much as I wish to. I just feel slighted in this. Grades have to be turned in tomorrow, and I want to graduate on time. There may be part of me feeling that because of this, baseball may be a no go next year :-/ I found out on Monday that I earned All-State honors as a IF/P this year. I think I'm just going to sleep on this one.
WickedSmaat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RyanK » Fri May 12, 2006 1:44 pm

are you a junior or soph? and do you have any idea what your grade might be with the 0?

Most teachers live on/near campus.. id try going to his house..

btw, congrats on all state
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Red Stripe » Fri May 12, 2006 6:50 pm

I think he's trying to get some from your underage lady classmates. :-D
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Mon May 15, 2006 10:57 pm

Guys.......Relax please. :-°

I agree with Mad and Co. It's all about covering your butt. While your intentions were O.K., you need to take this stuff seriously. The bottom line is that, because of your fault, you were at least 2 days late doing the final. You also had a week to do it in the first place. If you were on the campus earlier in the day, you should have done more. Search him out. Hang something on the wall/door. Anything, just to let him know that you really cared. Maybe he isn't an e-mail guy. Basically, you had a week to do the final and forgot about it and then lost it. I really don't see how blaming the teacher does anything here. This isn't about being babied in high school. College is about being an adult and being independent. It's also about learning about the real world. If your boss wants something by a specific date, do you think that a few e-mails will buy you a few more days?? Not usually. He gave you an extra day and you didn't come through. Also, comparing what he did during the semester to what he did at the end isn't fair. There are stringent deadlines for teachers at the end of the semester that aren't there earlier. Don't forget that.

I hope that you respect my honesty here. Just trying to offer an objective opinion. Good luck. ;-D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Previous

Return to General Talk