Does my team have a power problem, or am I just paranoid??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Does my team have a power problem, or am I just paranoid???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Does my team have a power problem, or am I just paranoid???

Postby Spokes » Thu May 11, 2006 3:43 am

I just dealt Shelton/Bonderman for Gordon/Peavy to sure up my pitching staff, so I feel good there. But, now I am starting to get the itch to look for another power hitter. Here is my team in a 12-team, H2H league:
Posada, Thome, Figgins, Peralta, A-Rod, Beltran, B. Giles, Swisher, Hawpe, Loretta, H. Ramirez.
C. Zambrano, Peavy, Lidge, C. Cordero, Gordon, Vazquez, Escobar, Kasmir, Bedard, E. Santana, Colon (DL).
I just look at it and I think guys like Swisher, Hawpe and Thome are playing over their heads. So, do you think I should try to go after another power hitter?
Thanks for any and all responses!
The best lyric ever: "You shouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you gotta glass jaw you should watch your mouth...'cause I'll break yo face."
Spokes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jonesbros » Thu May 11, 2006 4:54 am

I don't know about Swisher or Hawpe, but Thome has been doing this for years and is now batting just ahead of Konerko. Hawpe is hitting in Colorado, a plus, and Swisher displayed some power last year. Moreover, you have ARod who should be doing a little better than he is right now. Your power should be fine.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... 13#1601513
C- McCann
1B- Morneau
2B- Roberts
3B- Zimm
SS- Renteria
LF- MCab
RF- Francouer
CF- DRoberts
OF- Podsednik
Util- FThomas
BN
Konerko
Aurilia
Hafner

P
Webb
Lackey
ESantana
JWeaver
MCain
Garland
FCordero
Otsuka
Kasmir (DL)
jonesbros
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BxBombers951 » Fri May 12, 2006 8:14 pm

your power is fine, thome and arod will carry you to the promise land

the real reason im posting on this is cause that trade you made is BRILLIANT! Shelton will not do anything for the rest of the year, he was a fluke in april. bonderman is good but i never like his ERA. now peavy is prolly the 3rd best overall pitcher in all of baseball and flash is havin a killer year.

u do lose a lil respect here, tho, cause u have a 50 cent lyric as ur sig. GGGG-UNOT!!!
BxBombers951
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby Spokes » Fri May 12, 2006 9:53 pm

[quote="BxBombers951"]the real reason im posting on this is cause that trade you made is BRILLIANT! Shelton will not do anything for the rest of the year, he was a fluke in april. bonderman is good but i never like his ERA. now peavy is prolly the 3rd best overall pitcher in all of baseball and flash is havin a killer year.

u do lose a lil respect here, tho, cause u have a 50 cent lyric as ur sig. GGGG-UNOT!!![/quote]

Haha! I am not a huge fan, but you gotta love that line!
Yeah, I really thought Peavy was at a good buy-low stage and I think I made a good deal. If I had any doubts, Peavy put those to bed with his performance yesterday.
Thanks a lot!
The best lyric ever: "You shouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you gotta glass jaw you should watch your mouth...'cause I'll break yo face."
Spokes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team