Felipe Lopez 2005 SBs = 2006 SBs - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Felipe Lopez 2005 SBs = 2006 SBs

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby jmtigers » Thu May 11, 2006 1:07 am

Don't forget about his in the parker the other night... it lead me to a 7-6 win in the HR's category last week!!!
jmtigers
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 52
Joined: 7 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Chunky_Boy » Thu May 11, 2006 1:21 am

Can we expect him to finish with .290, 25 HR, 90 RBI, 105 R, 35 SB this season? Is he really going to get more than 40 swipes?
Chunky_Boy Beginner
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 231
Joined: 9 May 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu May 11, 2006 9:02 am

my fantasy love for Felipe Lopez is ever growing. i saw 4 SB on the ESPN News ticker last night and thought it was a typo.

run, run Felipe

and i thought i'd be worried about losing ground in SB when Crisp went down...1st in that category (although Crawford helps too)
Image
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 10225
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby planet » Thu May 11, 2006 4:27 pm

this is the 2nd year i have him on my team... i love the guy... last year he was a pleasant surprise... this year i went after him and got him cheap... this guy can flat-out play...
planet
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 421
Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: wash d.c.

Postby The Loveable Losers » Thu May 11, 2006 5:21 pm

I don't think anyone really expected this...he's ranked at #17 overall on Yahoo right now (and their in season rankings are usually pretty good on hitters). He's making solid contributions across the board with very good run totals and HUGE stolen base totals.

Can he keep it up? Who knows...but as other people have mentioned the Reds won't be putting the breaks on him.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 7290
Joined: 30 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Cubs Win!!! Cubs Win!!!

Postby ukrneal » Thu May 11, 2006 5:41 pm

Always hard to say if basestealers will keep it up. Often, as it gets hotter and players get tired or injured, they will sometimes slow down considerably. But as people already mentioned, they let the guys run in Cincy, so there is high liklihood that this will continue.
ukrneal
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 2322
Joined: 29 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu May 11, 2006 5:43 pm

The Loveable Losers wrote:I don't think anyone really expected this...he's ranked at #17 overall on Yahoo right now (and their in season rankings are usually pretty good on hitters). He's making solid contributions across the board with very good run totals and HUGE stolen base totals.

Can he keep it up? Who knows...but as other people have mentioned the Reds won't be putting the breaks on him.



please dont use yahoo rankings as an adequte way of evaluting players....its just too flawed. ive asked for years if there was some type of actual formula or if it was completely random because sometimes it just seems like it is....

got felipe lopez and turnbow in a deal for brian roberts, benitez, and todd jones...what a steal right.
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Postby The Loveable Losers » Thu May 11, 2006 5:49 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
The Loveable Losers wrote:I don't think anyone really expected this...he's ranked at #17 overall on Yahoo right now (and their in season rankings are usually pretty good on hitters). He's making solid contributions across the board with very good run totals and HUGE stolen base totals.

Can he keep it up? Who knows...but as other people have mentioned the Reds won't be putting the breaks on him.



please dont use yahoo rankings as an adequte way of evaluting players....its just too flawed. ive asked for years if there was some type of actual formula or if it was completely random because sometimes it just seems like it is....

got felipe lopez and turnbow in a deal for brian roberts, benitez, and todd jones...what a steal right.


Yahoo's in season rankings on hitters is fairly good. It's the O-Ranking that I question quite a bit. They put way too much emphasis on position scarcity for my liking. The in season ranking isn't perfect but at least in this case I think it's pretty accurate.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 7290
Joined: 30 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Cubs Win!!! Cubs Win!!!

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu May 11, 2006 9:32 pm

16 for lopez. keep on runnin felipe, keep on runnin!
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Postby jayman » Thu May 11, 2006 10:38 pm

i think its safe to safe the Reds don't fit into the billy beane model - phillips, freel, and lopez running mad.
jayman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1151
Joined: 6 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: In the holosuite playing the Vulcans!

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 5:13 hours
(and 100 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact