Felipe Lopez 2005 SBs = 2006 SBs - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Felipe Lopez 2005 SBs = 2006 SBs

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Felipe Lopez 2005 SBs = 2006 SBs

Postby AT » Wed May 10, 2006 9:17 pm

4 more bags tonight for 15 so far on the year. Never saw this one coming at all...Most he ever stole was 21 in 1999 in A Ball and even then he got caught 14 times. Was this as unexpected by everyone else as it was to me? I mean, this guy could steal 40!? :-?
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby StudentOfTheGame » Wed May 10, 2006 9:53 pm

What is so impressive about him to me is that he has only been caught once on the year. Totally unexpected, but he should keep it up.
StudentOfTheGame
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RugbyD » Wed May 10, 2006 10:48 pm

has anybody watched him with regularity? i don't think you just find speed all of a sudden. he must be getting great jumps like Rickey survived on later in his career.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Field » Wed May 10, 2006 11:05 pm

RugbyD wrote:has anybody watched him with regularity? i don't think you just find speed all of a sudden. he must be getting great jumps like Rickey survived on later in his career.

He turns 26 on friday.

Formerly a 1st round pick (#8), he hit 23 HRs last year. How come the Cafe Hype Machine wasn't all over this guy before the season? You guys are letting me down :*) . I just gave this guy a quick look before the season and I was really surprised how nice of a season he had all the way through, very consistent. Although, he was only 15 of 22 in his stolen base attempts last year, which is somewhat worrisome.
Field
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby BigLebowski » Wed May 10, 2006 11:20 pm

I love him and have him in both of my Keepers.

He is getting great jumps and he has above average speed. He takes advantage of poor throwing catchers and slow delivery pitchers. Smart runner who will keep getting better.
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 467)

Postby RugbyD » Wed May 10, 2006 11:44 pm

Field wrote:
RugbyD wrote:has anybody watched him with regularity? i don't think you just find speed all of a sudden. he must be getting great jumps like Rickey survived on later in his career.

He turns 26 on friday.

Formerly a 1st round pick (#8), he hit 23 HRs last year. How come the Cafe Hype Machine wasn't all over this guy before the season? You guys are letting me down :*) . I just gave this guy a quick look before the season and I was really surprised how nice of a season he had all the way through, very consistent. Although, he was only 15 of 22 in his stolen base attempts last year, which is somewhat worrisome.

i had him ranked in my top 6 and that was without these awesome SBs. I think i had him pegged for 18 this year. ;-D
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Ender » Wed May 10, 2006 11:55 pm

I didn't think he'd repeat the hr's and the SB's came out of nowhere so I didn't draft him in any leagues. Thats the fun thing about baseball though.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Thursday » Wed May 10, 2006 11:59 pm

Ah, Felipe.

I traded Michael Young early on in the season, and had JJ Hardy filling my SS spot for a while. :-o Later on, i swung a different trade for Felipe Lopez and Scott Kazmir. Woo-boy, did that one pay off.

Lovin these steals. He hits a nice dinger from time to time as well.
Thursday
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BigZ38 » Thu May 11, 2006 12:41 am

Here is the thing. The Reds aren't afraid to let their guys run.

The Reds also love to get freel on, and then Lopez gets on, and then they both go, and lopez picks up a steal on the back end of a Freel steal.

I would say he has done this 4 or 5 times this year.

Also, Rickie Weeks has been getting a considerable amount of steals this year and more recently.

I have Weeks at 2nd and Lopez at SS and i am pretty happy with it.
BigZ38
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby The Guru » Thu May 11, 2006 12:59 am

Def surprised me this year, I figured 20 at the most, but I guess anyone who gets regualr playing time on cinn is gunna rack up SB's.
(^) (o) - "Let's Hug it out"
The Guru
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers