Can Pujols pass Bonds Single Season Record??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Can Pujols pass Bonds Single Season Record???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Joe Mauer » Thu May 11, 2006 12:20 pm

markj11 wrote:
Joe Mauer wrote:
Yoda wrote:
Ender wrote:
TBallgame wrote:He may not pass Bonds Single Season Record, but he has a good chance of breaking the REAL record of 61 set by Roger Maris


I was going to say the same thing. I'd love to see him break Maris' record so we could have someone do it without an * after their name.


Well since Maris has the *, Bonds probably has **.


Put that ** by McGwire as well. Greenies count.

It would be great if MLB celebrated when/if he passes 61.


That would be quite the shot at Bonds by baseball. Celebrate a player passing 61 after a couple already have in the past but not Barry passing Ruth. That would be enjoyable.

Pierz,Castro,Tulo,Espinosa,Gyorko,Goldschmidt,Encarna,Howard,Carter,Cespedes,Marte,Soriano,Brown,Ludwick,Smoak
Strasbg,King F,Harvey,Scherzer,Teheran,Street,Jansen,Hernandez
BA 5,HR 9.5,R 4,RBI 6,SB 2,ERA 12,H+S 8,K 11,W 7.5,WHIP 11,TOT 76 pt 3rd
Joe Mauer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 685
Joined: 13 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Standing outside the Metrodome singing "We're going to win Twins, We're going to score...."

Postby tomahawks » Thu May 11, 2006 8:11 pm

the man's a monster,it doesn't matter were you pitch him or how you pitch him, anything near the plate is mashed.if he stays healthy and doesn't get the bonds treatment( WALKS) he will break the record !!
tomahawks
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 25
Joined: 27 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The_Met_Threat » Thu May 11, 2006 8:18 pm

tomahawks wrote:the man's a monster,it doesn't matter were you pitch him or how you pitch him, anything near the plate is mashed.if he stays healthy and doesn't get the bonds treatment( WALKS) he will break the record !!


but the thing is he will get walked. he wont break 73, but i think he has a good chance at 50, maybe even 60 but thats a stretch.
Image
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2210
Joined: 14 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cristóbal » Thu May 11, 2006 8:37 pm

Havok1517 wrote:I wish people would calm down about this guy. Yes, he's currently a great hitter but he doesn't have even 250 career HR. Pujols needs a lot more years of similar production to even make this discussion relevant. :-t


quit being ridiculous and sit the next couple rounds out
Image
cristóbal
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 242
Joined: 7 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jayman » Thu May 11, 2006 10:41 pm

TBallgame wrote:He may not pass Bonds Single Season Record, but he has a good chance of breaking the REAL record of 61 set by Roger Maris



huh? i assume you saying bonds was on roids. have you not seen alberts thighs? test bonds. test pujols. test arod. I am inclinded to think albert's not on anything - but i'm not going to get on bonds and let albert get a free pass.
jayman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1151
Joined: 6 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: In the holosuite playing the Vulcans!

Postby jayman » Thu May 11, 2006 10:42 pm

jayman wrote:
TBallgame wrote:He may not pass Bonds Single Season Record, but he has a good chance of breaking the REAL record of 61 set by Roger Maris



huh? i assume you saying bonds was on roids. have you not seen alberts thighs? test bonds. test pujols. test arod. I am inclinded to think albert's not on anything - but i'm not going to get on bonds and let albert get a free pass.


the only recent slugger i would let pass is Griffey Jr. he was a twig when he hit 50+.
jayman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1151
Joined: 6 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: In the holosuite playing the Vulcans!

Postby Joe Mauer » Fri May 12, 2006 12:10 am

jayman wrote:
jayman wrote:
TBallgame wrote:He may not pass Bonds Single Season Record, but he has a good chance of breaking the REAL record of 61 set by Roger Maris



huh? i assume you saying bonds was on roids. have you not seen alberts thighs? test bonds. test pujols. test arod. I am inclinded to think albert's not on anything - but i'm not going to get on bonds and let albert get a free pass.


the only recent slugger i would let pass is Griffey Jr. he was a twig when he hit 50+.


I am going to let anyone pass who does not have enough evidence against him to warrent that level of speculation. There is no body of evidence against Pujols. However, Bonds has a boat load of evidence (without the smoking gun) against him.

Pierz,Castro,Tulo,Espinosa,Gyorko,Goldschmidt,Encarna,Howard,Carter,Cespedes,Marte,Soriano,Brown,Ludwick,Smoak
Strasbg,King F,Harvey,Scherzer,Teheran,Street,Jansen,Hernandez
BA 5,HR 9.5,R 4,RBI 6,SB 2,ERA 12,H+S 8,K 11,W 7.5,WHIP 11,TOT 76 pt 3rd
Joe Mauer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 685
Joined: 13 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Standing outside the Metrodome singing "We're going to win Twins, We're going to score...."

Postby AcidRock23 » Fri May 12, 2006 6:58 am

One of the other 'roid threads pointed out that 'roids were around in the '50s. Of course, since baseball wasn't looking for 'roids then, no one would have been using them or anything like that...

I would bet money against Pujols 'roiding.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 4170
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Champaign, IL

Postby Krunk City King$ » Fri May 12, 2006 11:04 am

AcidRock23 wrote:One of the other 'roid threads pointed out that 'roids were around in the '50s. Of course, since baseball wasn't looking for 'roids then, no one would have been using them or anything like that...

I would bet money against Pujols 'roiding.


and now baseball is "looking for" roids and not looking for HGH....

:-t
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1613
Joined: 30 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Krunk City King$ » Fri May 12, 2006 11:05 am

Joe Mauer wrote:
jayman wrote:
jayman wrote:
TBallgame wrote:He may not pass Bonds Single Season Record, but he has a good chance of breaking the REAL record of 61 set by Roger Maris



huh? i assume you saying bonds was on roids. have you not seen alberts thighs? test bonds. test pujols. test arod. I am inclinded to think albert's not on anything - but i'm not going to get on bonds and let albert get a free pass.


the only recent slugger i would let pass is Griffey Jr. he was a twig when he hit 50+.


I am going to let anyone pass who does not have enough evidence against him to warrent that level of speculation. There is no body of evidence against Pujols. However, Bonds has a boat load of evidence (without the smoking gun) against him.


well, he did share a clubhouse with big mac.....

:-D
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1613
Joined: 30 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact