Get ready for pink bats on Sunday - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Get ready for pink bats on Sunday

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Xtreemes » Thu May 11, 2006 12:13 pm

Here are the Mets using the pink bats:

According to Adam Rubin’s notebook in the Daily News, Carlos Beltran, Carlos Delgado, Cliff Floyd, Pedro Martinez, Xavier Nady and David Wright are expected to use pink bats in a deal between MLB and the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation on Mother's Day to raise the awareness of breast cancer…
Xtreemes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby josebach » Thu May 11, 2006 12:42 pm

Not trying to jump on the bandwagon or anything, but I think it's awesome. ;-D
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu May 11, 2006 1:12 pm

I think it is great that MLB is promoting this especially on Mothers Day. But as far as a pink bat goes, my daughter uses one in softball(along with a pink helmet and pink batting gloves :-/ ) and it is definitely the ugliest bat I have ever seen in my life.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu May 11, 2006 1:52 pm

Krunk City King$ wrote:Image

so, if we get a broken bat, will it be pink in the middle ;-7
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby PlayingWithFire » Thu May 11, 2006 3:23 pm

I like the idea. Very creative ;-D ;-D ;-D
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SkyHigh » Thu May 11, 2006 3:27 pm

I heard there will be 5 Alt Braves on the radio station this morning. Chipper, Andrew, and I can't remeber the rest.... Who else even plays for the Braves. :-°
SkyHigh
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Krunk City King$ » Thu May 11, 2006 8:23 pm

;-D

Last edited by Krunk City King$ on Fri May 12, 2006 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Madison » Fri May 12, 2006 1:02 am

DK wrote:
Madison wrote:Not to sound like a smart alek, but do you really believe there are people out there who don't know breast cancer exists? 8-o

Nah, you misunderstood my point. Think of it this way - Everyone knows that AIDS exists, but there's a rush of donations to research of an AIDS vaccine whenever there's a big fundraiser/awareness program for it.

Maybe that wasn't the best example, but do you understand what I mean?

Yeah, that makes more sense, and I agree that when the big fundraisers are going, they bring in a bunch more money. ;-D

However, I still think they could have come up with something better. I mean, could you imagine professional football players using a pink football, pink field goals, and/or pink endzones? :-o How about hockey with pink pucks, pink sticks, and/or pink nets? :-o They couldn't come up with anything better than pink bats? :-o That alone is pretty scary. :-o
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Xtreemes » Fri May 12, 2006 1:22 am

Madison wrote:
DK wrote:
Madison wrote:Not to sound like a smart alek, but do you really believe there are people out there who don't know breast cancer exists? 8-o

Nah, you misunderstood my point. Think of it this way - Everyone knows that AIDS exists, but there's a rush of donations to research of an AIDS vaccine whenever there's a big fundraiser/awareness program for it.

Yeah, that makes more sense, and I agree that when the big fundraisers are going, they bring in a bunch more money. ;-D

However, I still think they could have come up with something better. I mean, could you imagine professional football players using a pink football, pink field goals, and/or pink endzones? :-o How about hockey with pink pucks, pink sticks, and/or pink nets? :-o They couldn't come up with anything better than pink bats? :-o That alone is pretty scary. :-o

Actually the NHL did use pink sticks ;-D

PINK STICK WEEKEND RAISES OVER $110,000
It was announced today that the first-ever Tribute to Hockey Moms which took place March 17-19, 2006 has so far raised over $110,000 for breast cancer research. With five teams yet to conclude their own auctions, it is hoped that the final total will exceed $125,000. More than 400 NHL hockey players took to the ice with pink hockey sticks carrying the breast cancer logo during the hockey weekend. The specially designed sticks were used for practices, pre-game warm-ups and throughout the games.
Xtreemes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Madison » Fri May 12, 2006 1:28 am

Xtreemes wrote:
Madison wrote:
DK wrote:

Actually the NHL did use pink sticks ;-D

PINK STICK WEEKEND RAISES OVER $110,000
It was announced today that the first-ever Tribute to Hockey Moms which took place March 17-19, 2006 has so far raised over $110,000 for breast cancer research. With five teams yet to conclude their own auctions, it is hoped that the final total will exceed $125,000. More than 400 NHL hockey players took to the ice with pink hockey sticks carrying the breast cancer logo during the hockey weekend. The specially designed sticks were used for practices, pre-game warm-ups and throughout the games.

8-o I did not know that, but then again, I don't really watch hockey.

Ok, while I think this is a really strange idea that I'm not a fan of at all, and a better idea than pink bats has got to be out there, I'll shut up now.---> :-X

:-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers