Too Early To Panic, or Time to Shake Up My Team? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Too Early To Panic, or Time to Shake Up My Team?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Too Early To Panic, or Time to Shake Up My Team?

Postby mm92280 » Wed May 10, 2006 12:57 pm

Ok, I'm playing in a 10 team H2H League that gives points for runs, home runs, rbi's, SB's, AVG, Wins, Saves, K's, ERA, and WHIP. I've been struggling this year, which I believe is partly due to some early injuries to my pitching staff. Anyway, here is my team:

C: Barrett
1B: Teixeira
2B: Kent
3B: A. Ramirez
SS: Furcal
OF: Bay
OF: Ichiro
OF: Sizemore
Utility: Ryan Howard
Bench: Rowand
Bench: Mora
Bench: R. Weeks

SP: Willis
SP: Pettitte
SP: Lackey
SP: Livan Hernandez
SP: Suppan
SP: Wang
SP: Burnett (DL)
SP: J. Patterson (DL)
SP: Clemens (semi-retired)
RP: Nathan
RP: Gordon

I actually just acquired Kent and Willis for Johnny Damon and Noah Lowry, which is a trade I think I won. Obviously Kent is a proven performer who can help my team in every category other than stolen bases, and I think Furcal, Ichiro, Sizemore, and Jason Bay will help me do just fine in that category. I took Willis, even though he is struggling right now and on a bad team because I think he will come around and be able to help my team in every category other than wins.

Clearly I have a problem with 2 starters on the DL and Clemens taking his time in coming back. I've considered trying to do a package deal to get another top quality starter, as I have a lot of 2nd tier type guys in Lackey, Burnett, and Livan Hernandez. I'm a little hesitant to ride out the injuries, as I'm just not too sure at this point when Burnett will come back, and if he will even be able to help my starters out when he does. So, any advice on this one would be greatly appreciated, as I know its early in the season, but I don't want to fall too far behind.
mm92280
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Citizen Erased » Wed May 10, 2006 2:46 pm

decent team.

your problem is that kent, furcal, and ramirez are all junk right now. aram will likely come around, but its possible kent is done and furcal was overrated.

2B is a shallow position thus far this year, but you can do better than kent...weeks for one. keep an eye on kinsler for when he comes off the DL in a week or two.

try to trade burnett immediately. patterson is a stud in the making, i own him too, but this forearm injury is troubling. between patterson clemens, and burnett, you have three guys who aren't going to pitch for you for at least a month. burnett is the worst of the three.

i'm not a big dtrain fan, and for what its worth, i think you got the worst of that trade. damon is going to hit .300 and score a zillion runs hitting at the top of the yanks lineup. plus, he's stealing bases. lowry has high upside and looked good in his first start back.

i am personally not a guy who believes you MUST have a top-shelf SP. lackey and willis are a nice core...work the spot starter threads here in the cafe and do a little research of your own. i've been streaming the entire year, picked up guys like arroyo and maddux for their hot streaks, and am comfortably in 1st in my league. and if you think you got DL problems, check my team out: sheff, lowry, wood, prior, patterson, lugo...thankfully lowry and lugo are back, w/ wood not far behind.

my advice: you need a big bat. until bay turns it around, tex is your only proven power hitter who is producing this year. as far as trade bait goes, sizemore might intrigue a lot of people...if i were in your position, i'd pull the trigger on sizemore plus someone else from your team to get a blue chip OF offensive producer-an abreu/sheffield type.

feel free to think my suggestions are worthless. just my $0.02.
Citizen Erased
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby RowdyRed » Wed May 10, 2006 3:31 pm

Tex, Kent, Furcal, ARam, and Bay all aren't producing. Amazing. Hard to swallow. Still, your offense is potent once it gets going. If I were going to make a deal, I'd do one for another closer to try to help you pick up some points in saves. Your pitching could come around allright.
RowdyRed
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mm92280 » Wed May 10, 2006 4:36 pm

I would like to trade Burnett, but, right now, his value is pretty low so I don't believe I can really get anything for him.
mm92280
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team