Armando benitez - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Armando benitez

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Armando benitez

Postby kentx12 » Sat Jul 26, 2003 11:59 pm

This guy is my new favorite player. The way he pitched last night was amazing. I hope he blows every other game he enters for the Yank's this year. Go Benitez we are pulling for you. ;-D
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DK » Sun Jul 27, 2003 11:41 am

haha im a mets fan let me tell you my best friend is a yankees fan... <pure happiness surges through me> ;-D ;-D ;-D
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Ousmagic » Sun Jul 27, 2003 11:42 am

just remember the mets still suck
Ousmagic
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby blankman » Sun Jul 27, 2003 12:25 pm

Ousmagic wrote:just remember the mets still suck

hahahaha :-D

thats comedy at its best. quick to the point and blunt.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Super GM » Sun Jul 27, 2003 12:27 pm

I hate the Yankees! But I hate the Mets just as much, so I'm glad they suck! Ousmagic, you nailed it!
Super GM
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Leiter Fan » Sun Jul 27, 2003 9:07 pm

blankman wrote:

hahahaha :-D

thats comedy at its best. quick to the point and blunt.

That's comedy at its best? That's the ramblings of a retard.

As a Mets fan, probably the best knocks on the Mets that I've heard are:

1. METS = My Entire Team Sucks (an older one, but still showing a little ingenuity); and

2. Mets play in Flushing? How appropriate.

If the best someone can come up with is "Mets suck", then that' a person who barely has enough brainpower to dress themselves in the morning (which I guess explains why most of those people choose to become Yankee fans, the easiest job in organized sports)
"One of the teams represents truth, justice, the American way, and underdogs everywhere. The other represents George Steinbrenner!" - U.S. News and World Reports columnist John Leo on the difference between the Mets and the Yankees.
Leiter Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby blankman » Sun Jul 27, 2003 9:38 pm

The reason that it was good comedy was because it was unexpected. No shots had been taken at the Mets before his comment, only shots at Benitez and how he'll screw up for the Yankees. I'll ignore your comment on Yankee fans- we don't want to flame more but FYI, I inherited my liking for the Yanks from my father, who loves them, so I guess I never really had a choice :-D
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Leiter Fan » Sun Jul 27, 2003 10:36 pm

blankman wrote:The reason that it was good comedy was because it was unexpected. No shots had been taken at the Mets before his comment, only shots at Benitez and how he'll screw up for the Yankees. I'll ignore your comment on Yankee fans- we don't want to flame more but FYI, I inherited my liking for the Yanks from my father, who loves them, so I guess I never really had a choice :-D

Us Mets fans, however, are used to the "Mets suck" comments from Yankee fans, at whatever moment, no matter how out of the blue or inappropriate. (I never hear those types of comments from fans of the Braves, who should see the Mets as more of threat than the Yankees - however, that strangely is not the case.)

You'll also notice that I didn't disagree, because my team really does suck this year and needs badly to re-establish their team direction for 2004. But I at least need to see some originality when their suckiness is pointed out, or else its just redundant ramblings.
"One of the teams represents truth, justice, the American way, and underdogs everywhere. The other represents George Steinbrenner!" - U.S. News and World Reports columnist John Leo on the difference between the Mets and the Yankees.
Leiter Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Leiter Fan » Sun Jul 27, 2003 10:38 pm

Wow, the Yankee bullpen blew the lead this time before it even got to Armando. That must be a load off his mind! :)
Leiter Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 27, 2003 10:45 pm

you know its not the Yankees year. Not when they are trotting Armando Benetiz and Jesse Orocso in the 7th ...

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers