Help this noob get outta last place - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Help this noob get outta last place

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Help this noob get outta last place

Postby HojoMofo » Wed May 10, 2006 10:45 am

Hello all, first post, so I figured I'd start with the basics. I am currently in last place of my ten team yahoo rotisserie league. The stats are: R, 2B, HR, RBI, SB, K, TB, AVG, OPS, W, SHO (shootouts, stupidest category ever), SV, HR, BB, K, ERA, WHIP, K/BB, K/9). I have already made some move since draft day, dropped Javy Lopez, and just recently picked up Juan Pierre and Ryan Freel Heres the goods

B. McCann
D. Ortiz
R. Freel
S. Hillenbrand
D. Jeter
C. Jones
L. Berkman
J. Pierre
C. Granderson
B. Bonds
BN S. Stewart
BN G. Atkins
DL Coco Crisp

D. Willis
M. Mussina
T. Glavine
F. Hernandez
M. Morris
M. Batista
A. Heilman
F. Rodney
J. Borowski
DL Mark Prior

My saves are extrememly weak, however, there arent any real closers available without a trade. I also had Ken Griffey but was able to trade him for Juan Pierre. For the first three weeks, I had 4 people on the dl so that might have added to my woes, but I need help for real. All advice is appreciated.
HojoMofo Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

three issues

Postby AMETVINER » Wed May 10, 2006 11:38 am

you have berkman, thank god..but you have problems here...first, in brian mccann..he started hot and gained fantasy attention but he's cooled down..my guess is its for good...i doubt he'll hit ten hrs this year. try trading for victor martinez, or pick up estrada, hall, or pierzynski if they're available in the waiver...second juan pierre..you shouldve realized by now his production is lame, stolen bases, thats it...sacrifice his stolen bases for a bigger hitter...maybe for the time being, try trading for a kevin mench, geoff jenkins type player...someone who'll at least post 70-100 rbis and 20-30 hrs...third, freel, has got to go...his stolen bases are solid, but everything else is lacking...analyze those three players, analyze your stats, and see what you could get in replacement...

PS- if you can't decide on a player to trade away, trade willis
AMETVINER
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby HojoMofo » Wed May 10, 2006 1:59 pm

well, I need runs/sb/hr's/and total bases
Also, I need to eliminate some walks, but zI think my pitching is salvagable as is, if i just junk saves
HojoMofo Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby RowdyRed » Wed May 10, 2006 2:16 pm

See, I disagree. Pierre will hit close to .300 and have 100 Runs scored and 40 SB's. That's not nothing. Mench for Pierre is almost laughable. Talk about buying high and selling low...McCann has not really cooled down. He is still hitting .337. That is 3rd among catchers with more than 80 ABs (VMart .352 and Ausmus .345). With catchers, you don't really get too much out of most of them. If you can getting a solid batting average, or solid power, or solid RBI's, then you are getting as much as anyone truly could hope to get out of their catcher. McCann will give you a good AVG, and his RBI won't be awful. Freel is disposable if you could get a Mench or someone of that ability for him. Mench was largely undrafted, and Freel was drafted much earlier. This would be an interesting deal, particularly if the guy needs SB badly...Be patient. Your team is allright, other than saves...
RowdyRed
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team