Have I improved my team? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Have I improved my team? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Have I improved my team? WHIR

Postby RowdyRed » Wed May 10, 2006 10:40 am

H2H, 12 team, 1st year Keeper where we keep 12

Here is my lineup right after the draft...

C McCann
1B Morneau
2B Roberts
3B Blalock
SS Greene
OF Crawford
OF Francouer
OF Taveras
Util Hafner
Bench J. Guillen
Bench Willingham
Bench

P Peavy
P Hudson
P Bonderman
P Young
P Sosa
P Benson
P Glavine
P Chen
P Rivera
P Street
P Gordon
P Wickman
P Duchsherer

Two trades have happened since then:

I give Rivera for Helton, Wood

I give Helton, Willingham for Kazmir, Andruw Jones

So here's my lineup (including drop/adds) now:

C McCann
1B Morneau
2B Belliard
3B Blalock
SS Greene
OF Crawford
OF Andruw Jones
OF Francouer
Util Hafner
Bench Gathright
Bench Taveras
Bench Patterson
DL Roberts

P Peavy
P Bonderman
P Kazmir
P Young
P Hudson
P Glavine
P Maroth
P Wright
P Street
P Gordon
P Wickman
P Duchsherer
DL Wood

Have I improved my team since draft day? There is a 40 move limit and I have done 13 moves. Is this team built for both this year and the future? What else should I do?
RowdyRed
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

looking pretty good...

Postby AMETVINER » Wed May 10, 2006 11:31 am

you shouldn't have dropped willingham..i've been watching him all year, and his potential is tremendous. mccann started hot, but he's cooled off. he won't hit ten hrs this year, he'll be a disappointment. the rivera deal was good for you, considering you have gordon, wickman, and street. you're outfield has improved with andrew jones, good job. you're issue without a doubt is behind the plate, brian mccann won't post for you. do what you can to get victor martinez!
AMETVINER
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby RowdyRed » Wed May 10, 2006 1:10 pm

Disagree. In a keeper league, I love Willingham, but he is 27 years old already. He won't be catcher eligible next year. Willingham is playing almost entirely OF, and Jones is an upgrade. Kazmir is also a huge player to get at this young of an age in a keeper league. McCann is still hitting .337. He may not be a keeper, but he'll be a solid replacement for this year.
RowdyRed
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby echu888 » Wed May 10, 2006 1:27 pm

(Take this with a grain of salt.. )

The first trade opened things up for you quite well. Second trade- not sure, but having Jones in your outfield is nice. My concern would be with the infield ... Particularly at SS and 1B. Granted those guys just produced 4HR for you in like the last two days, but 1B is such a deep position and Morneau is somewhat far down the list. Are you keeping him for long term value or something? I guess he is a pretty young guy, but his BA was pretty low last year, and overall I don't know how potent Minnesota's offense is going to be. If you could trade away one of your mid-level pitchers for decent player at one of those positions, that might help... Maybe slumping Sexton?
echu888 Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby RowdyRed » Wed May 10, 2006 2:08 pm

That's my biggest worry. I like Blalock at 3B and he's only 25. I like Morneau...he's still so young, and in just his second full season. He's 25, but he could be a major bust. Roberts I love at 2B, and I think he gives me solid AVG, Runs, and SB. Greene I have no intention of keeping beyond this year, and may try to trade at the trading deadline for something better at SS. I was one of the last teams in the league to get a 1B, and I tried to go for a young 1B with upside. I thought that was Morneau. So far this year, he's been a little suspicious. He may have that upside, but he isn't showing it off too much right now. Helton is getting older, and I don't want to rely on him too much. I got Kazmir, one of the youngest, brightest SP in the game. Kazmir, Bonderman, and Peavy for the next ten years sounds good in a keeper league to me.

It's funny because yesterday on here everyone told me this was a great deal and I should do it in a heartbeat. Today, people are questioning it.

Like I said, not a huge Morneau fan and may try to trade him and someone else away for a young upgrade at 1B. Greene I'm not too worried about. All he has to do is produce occassionally, and I'll be getting everything I hope to out of him. Greene was on one of my teams last year that won a title. I know he's not great, but he's a fine stopgap.
RowdyRed
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team