Another installment of: What would YOU do? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Another installment of: What would YOU do?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Thu May 11, 2006 11:38 pm

pokerplaya wrote:I take extensive notes on everyone I play. He had not.

I know that I'm not even close to 250k hands, so I'm very much still a beginner. It was nowhere near reflex. I put him on trip 8's and was very wrong. Simple as that.

Cool. The notes features can be very helpful, and not many people use that feature. Nice work! ;-D

Right now, the best thing for you is to just keep playing. From the sound of it, you do pretty well already, so everyone better look out once you really start gaining experience. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WickedSmaat » Fri May 12, 2006 12:01 am

pokerplaya wrote:I take extensive notes on everyone I play. He had not.

I know that I'm not even close to 250k hands, so I'm very much still a beginner. It was nowhere near reflex. I put him on trip 8's and was very wrong. Simple as that.

To tell you the truth, I would never think with the way he played that it would be trip eights. Key to the situation. Rainbow flop. I feel that there would be no reason to push trip eights on a rainbow flop on the flop, it'd most likely be on the turn were a strong hand can catch some sort of draw or maybe even top pair. Or maybe even bluff again on the turn if missed. I know you hit but the only reason I would ever lay that down is if I seriously thought he had AA. Not KK, cause KK is one of those hands you should try to push out all the weaker Aces, I wouldn't flat call KK in a spot like that, but I would AA if I felt the right situation. That's my take on the situation.
WickedSmaat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to General Talk