underperforming team? or just plain sucky? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

underperforming team? or just plain sucky? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

underperforming team? or just plain sucky? WHIR

Postby echu888 » Tue May 09, 2006 11:54 pm

Yahoo, 10 team, standard 5x5 rotisserie league...

My team is struggling ... I had a bad draft, but have managed to work thru the blunders of others to assemble what I think is a pretty decent team. Nevertheless, I am currently in 6th place (boo)...

C - J Willingham
1B - M Teixeira
2B - R Cano
3B - A Ramirez
SS - R Furcal
OF - N Swisher
OF - G Sizemore
OF - C Tracy
Util - R Howard
BN - S Rolen
BN - J Mauer
BN - B Roberts
BN - O Cabrera

SP - C Carpenter
SP - R Oswalt
RP - F Rodriguez
RP - A Otsuka
P - J Smoltz
P - R Dempster
P - J Valverde
BN - C Lee
BN - C Smith

Any advice? What are my weaknesses, what kind of modifications should help? I am almost last in runs, hits, RBIs, and average. I am doing fairly well in all pitching categories.

BTW, I recently acquired Brian Roberts for Brad Hawpe. Good trade or bad trade? I figured I kind of have a hole at 2B...

Post a link and I will give my best evaluation of your team... Thanks!
echu888 Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thinkinblue613 » Wed May 10, 2006 12:30 am

You need to find a SS who's on fire right now. Furcal is good but he's dead cold for April and could be for May. I think you should trade A. Ramirez or Rolen for a SS if you can't find one in the free agency. Hanley Ramirez may be available, if not the Vizquel, if not then trade. You might want to add another SP who pitches deep. Guys like John Koronka, Sean Marshall, 2 Astro pitchers (youngster)... If your desperate, Cory Lidle is fine as well.

Your catching looks solid and Teixeira will heat up soon. Outfield will be great and keep Howard. Just hope your guys catch on fire so you can get up the ranks.
THINK BLUE!

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=202560
thinkinblue613
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby RowdyRed » Wed May 10, 2006 10:44 am

Your weakness to me is SP or OF. Try to trade Swisher while he's hot and get a more reliable OF in return. You have great SP, just not a lot of it. Roberts was a great pickup. Very nice to have him to play 2B. I like your team as it is, and think you could finish in the Top Four, or maybe even at the top spot. I think you need one dynamite OF to get there...

Help me?

http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/v ... p?t=202658
RowdyRed
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby damonhater » Wed May 10, 2006 12:33 pm

I like Roberts a lot but he is hurt and when he returns it might affect his sb's. How can losing hawpe be good?
damonhater Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby echu888 » Wed May 10, 2006 7:19 pm

Well, I dealt Hawpe because I already had 5 elligible outfielders and I think he is the one who is most likely in over his head. If I follow the sell-high, buy-low formula, he was the obvious candidate, and in order to get a decent guy at a weaker position, I had to give up something...

My league is mostly noobs (including myself), I might be able to swing a Swisher for Bay trade or something slightly ridiculous ... would that be mean?

Hanley Ramirez is not available, nor is Vizquel... I'll look at what kind of trades I could possibly pull.

I do feel that I have too many hitters on the bench, and I could use some more SP... I'll look into that as well.

Thanks for the advice ...
echu888 Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team