Cole Hamels.. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cole Hamels..

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby J35J » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:34 pm

Yoda wrote:To recap, it was an up and down season for Hamels. Started off great in the minors and came with as much hype as any young pitcher we've ever seen. He had his share of struggles but bounced back and pitched very well post ASB, improving his BB rate dramatically (almost by half) although the HR rate went up by quite a bit. What is most encouraging is that he kept his K rate up while lowering his BB rate.

9.86 K/9, 3.02 BB/9 is very respectable especially when you consider he is only 22 and has very limited experience over A ball.

He finishes the season ranked #54 among all starting pitchers according to ESPN PR in his rookie campaign (just behind Clemens and Pedro). Overall, a solid season and as long as he can stay healthy, I expect him to be an excellent pitcher next season.

First, 9.86 K/9, 3.02 BB/9 is better than respectible, especially for a 22 year old rookie. Second, I do agree he will be good from here on out as long as he doesn't have any injury set backs.

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 429)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:38 pm

J35J wrote:
Yoda wrote:To recap, it was an up and down season for Hamels. Started off great in the minors and came with as much hype as any young pitcher we've ever seen. He had his share of struggles but bounced back and pitched very well post ASB, improving his BB rate dramatically (almost by half) although the HR rate went up by quite a bit. What is most encouraging is that he kept his K rate up while lowering his BB rate.

9.86 K/9, 3.02 BB/9 is very respectable especially when you consider he is only 22 and has very limited experience over A ball.

He finishes the season ranked #54 among all starting pitchers according to ESPN PR in his rookie campaign (just behind Clemens and Pedro). Overall, a solid season and as long as he can stay healthy, I expect him to be an excellent pitcher next season.

First, 9.86 K/9, 3.02 BB/9 is better than respectible, especially for a 22 year old rookie. Second, I do agree he will be good from here on out as long as he doesn't have any injury set backs.

Jason

You are right. Those rates are really, really good. He is on my must-draft list going into 07.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby norton17 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:02 am

Is Hamels being shut down for the year now or will he make one more start?
norton17
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers