Cole Hamels.. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cole Hamels..

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby josebach » Thu May 18, 2006 4:24 pm

J.C.Fighter wrote:Hamels pitched against a Cincy offense that was struggling to score runs..

Today he showed why he'll be nothing but another Dan Cabrera

:-t

Minor leagues=/= Major leagues

Man, 11 innings into his major league career and you've got his entire career figured out.

Impressive.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby J.C.Fighter » Thu May 18, 2006 4:28 pm

josebach wrote:
J.C.Fighter wrote:Hamels pitched against a Cincy offense that was struggling to score runs..

Man, 11 innings into his major league career and you've got his entire career figured out.

Impressive.

Not his entire career, junior.

I'am saying that this season atleast he'll be nothing more than another Dan Cabrera.
J.C.Fighter
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Thu May 18, 2006 4:45 pm

J.C.Fighter wrote:
josebach wrote:

Impressive.

Not his entire career, junior.

I'am saying that this season atleast he'll be nothing more than another Dan Cabrera.

You are entitled to your opinion but your opinion has zero basis. Just because someone walks a lot of hitters doesn't mean he is like Daniel Cabrera. Look at their entire career including their minor seasons and say that they are similar.

Hamels
http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/ ... mels.shtml

Cabrera
http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/ ... rera.shtml

This is not even including what Hamels has done in the minors this year. As you can see, Hamels is a far better pitcher at this stage of the career. Actually they are not even close. But hey, why let facts get in the way? I said it before, you are totally entitled to your opinion.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby rentz » Thu May 18, 2006 4:52 pm

i think he compares more to kerry wood than cabrera.

but thats just my opinion
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TurdFerguson » Thu May 18, 2006 4:52 pm

This guy has been seriously overhyped.Did not look that impressive at all,low 90s with a nice changeup with control problems.Looks like a future 3rd or 4th starter IMO
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby JohnGris » Thu May 18, 2006 4:56 pm

Too many people put too much reliance on not only the very last game, but the very last inning. The guy is a major prospect for a reason, he didn't just bubble up from the ground with no minor league success.

That said, his first 10 innings in the major leagues were scoreless. That shows alot of potential, even by the common "what did you do for me yesterday" attitude. He broke down in the final 1.1 innings, unfortunately, but the endurance and composure will come with time.

He might not set the world on fire this year, but he's not exactly out of control, either. I think we can rely on him as, at the very least, a great 4th or 5th starter on your fantasy team, and he will probably show more flashes of brilliance than your average bottom half starter, too.
JohnGris
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby PinotResa » Thu May 18, 2006 5:33 pm

TurdF, I couldn't have written response to your post any better than JohnGris did. ;-D
PinotResa
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Secret Avatar » Thu May 18, 2006 5:42 pm

You have GOT to be kidding me with this "debate." Hamels has pitched a total of 11 innings in the majors. Anyone who wants to make ANY conclusions whatsoever about the guy's prospects based on those 11 innings--good or bad--is just an imbecile. :-B
I am the Master. Don't question the Master. Just do what he says and be proud.
Secret Avatar
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby PinotResa » Thu May 18, 2006 5:50 pm

Secret Avatar wrote:You have GOT to be kidding me with this "debate." Hamels has pitched a total of 11 innings in the majors. Anyone who wants to make ANY conclusions whatsoever about the guy's prospects based on those 11 innings--good or bad--is just an imbecile. :-B

What's with the nearly always harsh tone over here in the baseball cafe? You guys are too much most of the time
:-o :-°

Talk about self-importance and overblown egos, master. ;-)
PinotResa
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby JohnGris » Thu May 18, 2006 6:01 pm

Secret Avatar wrote:You have GOT to be kidding me with this "debate." Hamels has pitched a total of 11 innings in the majors. Anyone who wants to make ANY conclusions whatsoever about the guy's prospects based on those 11 innings--good or bad--is just an imbecile. :-B

I guess I'm an imbecile, then. !+) I'm an imbecile for factoring in his minor league stats. Everybody here by now knows that minor league stats rarely, if ever, serve as a good predictor for major league success. ;-7
JohnGris
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers