anywhere from 2nd-4th each week, what moves do I need??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

anywhere from 2nd-4th each week, what moves do I need???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

anywhere from 2nd-4th each week, what moves do I need???

Postby rscharnell » Tue May 09, 2006 5:21 pm

12 team, H2H (5 keepers a year), 7 X 7 (adding in OPS and K's for hitters and L's and Holds for pitchers)

C I. Rodríguez (Det - C)
1B A. Pujols (StL - 1B)
2B L. Castillo (Min - 2B)
3B A. Béltre (Sea - 3B)
SS J. Peralta (Cle - SS)
OF L. Berkman (Hou - 1B,OF)
OF C. Crawford (TB - OF)
OF B. Giles (SD - OF)
Util T. Wigginton (TB - 2B,3B)
BN J. Kent (LAD - 1B,2B)
BN J. Drew (LAD - OF)
BN C. Shelton (Det - 1B)
BN Ja. Wilson (Pit - SS)
DL R. Aurilia (1b, 2b, 3b, ss)

SP C. Zambrano
SP R. Johnson
RP D. Turnbow
RP B. Wickman
P J. Duchscherer (for Holds)
P M. Wise (for Holds)
P A. Otsuka (for Holds/Saves)
BN S. Kazmir
BN D. Haren
rscharnell
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rscharnell » Wed May 10, 2006 1:38 pm

anyone have any ideas? I think I need to improve my UTL spot, but anyone else have an idea of what they would do.

I know, I know, sometimes making no move is the best, but the work day goes by faster with a few trades on the table and e-mails with other managers.

WILL HELP IN RETURN - thanks, post link.
rscharnell
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Bobby!!! » Wed May 10, 2006 2:04 pm

I say this a lot, by why so many hitters on your bench? Seems like a lot of value going to waste. I would immediately trade hitting for pitching. ANd try to trade Randy after his next good start. He's lost it.
Bobby!!!
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rscharnell » Thu May 11, 2006 2:04 pm

The hitters are on my bench because we have daily changes, and they allow me great flexability to use matchups.
rscharnell
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RowdyRed » Thu May 11, 2006 2:35 pm

See, I agree on the hitters, particularly in a H2H league. In H2H, you don't need a ton of extra hitters, as you are just as likely to miss a good night as you are to hit a good night based on match-ups. Pitchers you can play virtually every time they pitch, which means a much better chance to win K's and Wins each week, along with the fact that it makes the bad outing hurt less in ERA and WHIP. In general, hitting is very important to have, but it does nothing sitting on your bench. Pitching rarely sits on your bench...

In a roto league, it's a whole different ballgame. There, hitting is clearly the most important and playing match-ups is key because you only have so many IP to use from your pitchers. But in H2H, having a lot of pitchers is more important. I'm not saying to ditch all of your hitters, but get it down to about two on your bench. With four (or five counting the DL) currently sitting on your bench, that means that you could trade two hitters, and get back some quality pitching, or even an upgrade at Utility. Definitely you need another SP to help you win K's.

I'm not a fan of dropping pitchers every day and picking up the SP for that day. That drives me crazy. But having a lot of SP on your roster does a similar thing.
RowdyRed
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team