qqqqqqqqqqqqq - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

qqqqqqqqqqqqq

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby benjapage » Mon May 15, 2006 8:53 pm

1) prom's not that big a deal, unless you want it to be. about 15 of my (boy and girl)friends and i (not goth, not asocial, not gay) grabbed our gear and had a party at our friend's farmhouse. bands, *refreshments*, loss of time...all the stuff that makes living worth living. wouldn't trade that memory for much.

2) girls hate when guys act cocky. they sense you're acting, they assume it's because you're a mess, and would rather just have a good time with someone who can freakin' relax. know yourself, embrace your vulnerabilities, allow your strengths to carry you through any test. be real about whatever you do--not just girls.

3) if you and your date don't have a rapport before the fuss begins, it will make for an even more bizarre experience. i suggest that you go out a couple times, just to make the evening less strange. if you remember nothing else, remember this: you should ask questions. there are 100 reasons for this, but trust me. ask her questions. about her family, her interests, places she's visited (or would like to visit), etc. just keep going. avoid obviously touchy questions (anything pertaining to her biology or personal trauma).

4) expect nothing while still allowing yourself to be surprised.

5) don't try to remember everything--just be present. the good stuff has a way of immortalizing itself.

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RynMan » Mon May 15, 2006 9:11 pm

Simulacrum wrote:1) Girls LIKE being asked out by guys
2) Asking out girls shows that you're A) a confident guy and B) heterosexual and healthy.

This is what it comes down to, right here. ;-D
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Phatferd » Mon May 15, 2006 9:12 pm

The highlight of my prom night wasn't the actual dance, but the party afterwards. Oh man did I get wasted.

I went with a group of 40 people (we rented a bus) and we all got dropped off afterwards at one of the girl's house in our group where her parents were. They took all of our car keys at the door (they told all of our parents there would be drinking so if anyone was opposed their parents knew) and we proceeded to have an awesome time. The party lasted until 7am.

The highlight of the night would have to be when I cruised up to the girl's mom whose house we were at and hit on her for a good hour. She was doing Jaeger shots with me. That or my friend opening up the laundry machine and puking.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DaQ » Mon May 15, 2006 9:13 pm

qqqqqqqqqqqqq
Last edited by DaQ on Wed May 16, 2012 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RynMan » Mon May 15, 2006 10:09 pm

DaQ wrote:Check my last big post in this thread (two above yours). Simulacrum is definitely correct...just hasn't exactly worked out for me. :-/

This has no bearing on now. It's time for that to end!
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Lofunzo » Mon May 15, 2006 10:31 pm

benjapage wrote:1) prom's not that big a deal, unless you want it to be. about 15 of my (boy and girl)friends and i (not goth, not asocial, not gay) grabbed our gear and had a party at our friend's farmhouse. bands, *refreshments*, loss of time...all the stuff that makes living worth living. wouldn't trade that memory for much.

Agreed. I wanted to go but I was getting out of a relationship at the time. This hottie that was a good friend of mine wanted me to go with her. By the time the relationship was done and the right time had passed, I asked the hottie. By then, she had plans to go to the beach. I ended up taking a bunch of friends to our Pocono house and we had a blast. Whatever anyone does on prom night, have a blast. Whether you go or not, just have a memorable night.

DaQ wrote:
RynMan wrote:
Simulacrum wrote:1) Girls LIKE being asked out by guys
2) Asking out girls shows that you're A) a confident guy and B) heterosexual and healthy.

This is what it comes down to, right here. ;-D

Check my last big post in this thread (two above yours). Simulacrum is definitely correct...just hasn't exactly worked out for me. :-/

It's all about technique as well. Don't ask them. Without being pushy, tell/suggest to them that you should go to the prom together.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)

Postby RynMan » Mon May 15, 2006 11:10 pm

Dunno if anyone cares, but thought I'd share how it works down here. Our school year starts in February and ends in November, whereas you guys start a new grade midway through the year....I guess it is so that you are on vacation during the summer season. Depending on what type of school you goto, depends on the arrangement.

Private Schools: For the most part, they have their "Formal" (prom) about mid way through 12th grade. Don't ask me why....I think its ridiculous. They have this big event then show up at school 3 days later. Crazy.

They then have their graduation at the end of the year. I guess followed by a party.

Public School: This is me. Most public schools have their graduation on the Thursday of their last week. They then go straight from the graduation to their "Formal", followed by the post-party which is usually huge and on somebody's property who owns acreage. One person from our grade volunteered to host all 200 of us. Was great.

The next day (Friday) is mostly to recover, and then Saturday you travel to a place called "Surfers Paradise" to engage in a week of celebrations called "Schoolies Week". Basically thousands of drunk 17 year olds running amuck (legal drinking age here is 18).

It was a great time, although I would have loved to experience it the way the movies depict the US final days of high school. ;-D
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby cristóbal » Mon May 15, 2006 11:40 pm

i had a 22 oz. bottle of captain mo before the dance and somehow bs'd my way in the door. (i had to sign my name to get in). anyway, i was so beligerent that i was yelling the entire time and told (yelled from 20 ft or so) my best friend to go (insert f bomb here) his GF again, (which NO ONE knew about -- very christian) in front of her and then proceeded to stare down the principal (which was unintended, but honestly guys, the school knows whats up). We then had about 20 people over to my house and I was mixing vodka, parrot bay, and tequila for the rest of the night. I do not recall this next point but i was told on the following monday by my best friend who witnessed it, that i woke up at 5:00 am (from being passed out on the couch) and unzippped my fly to pee. My friend stopped me and directed me to the bathroom. I did not make it i guess because i ended up peeing in my dining room. Luckily we have wood floores!

moral of the story is, you will have a great time if you pre-party.

i dont know if i can advise mixing alcohol tho. but would i do it again? no doubt!
cristóbal
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to General Talk