What should I do? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

What should I do?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What should I do?

Postby SupremeSole » Tue May 09, 2006 3:13 pm

I'm new to fantasy baseball, with this being my first season and all. I would appreciate any help possible on how I could improve my team. I'm 5th overall in my league which isnt a keepers league, I dont think... :-S
However, I think I have some pretty decent players, a well rounded team but I"m not sure why I've been on the losing side of the stick for the past 3 weeks. ............Thanks in advance for any help...BTW, I love this forum and what you guys are doing. ;-D

Anyways, here's my team.....

Batters
C – B. McCann
1B – C. Delgado
1B – P. Konerko
1B – M. Teixeira
2B – A. Soriano
3B – Mi. Cabrera
SS – H. Ramirez
OF – S. Podsednik
OF – J. Gomes
OF – B. Bonds
OF – A. Rios
OF – W. Taveras

Pitchers
SP – C. Lidle
SP – V. Padilla
SP – A. Harang
SP – B. Zito
SP – J. Pineiro
SP – M. Maroth
SP – O. Hernandez
SP – B. Myers
SP – B. Sheets
SP – N. Lowry
RP – B. Fuentes
RP – S. Cassidy
RP – S. Shields
SP – B. Colon *DL
SP – M. Prior * DL
SupremeSole Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby SupremeSole » Wed May 10, 2006 8:26 am

anyone?
SupremeSole Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Ryno23 » Wed May 10, 2006 10:35 am

Try to trade some SP for another closer to go along with Fuentes.
Ryno23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby subie101 » Wed May 10, 2006 10:48 am

how many teams? scoring?

are there any better catchers out there? also agree with previous poster get rid of some of the starters, whats the reason for all of them?

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... 44#1598244
subie101
College Coach
College Coach

Postby SupremeSole » Wed May 10, 2006 12:44 pm

10 teams... H2H... I'll try to get rid of some SP but who should I get?
SupremeSole Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby SupremeSole » Wed May 10, 2006 1:00 pm

Alright I just traded Gomes and Piñeiro for Jeter and Matsui..
SupremeSole Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Citizen Erased » Wed May 10, 2006 3:10 pm

can i join your league immediately?

gomes and pineiro for jeter and matsui?? are you kidding me. your league mates are idiots. you ripped someone off. jeter is just jeter and matsui always has cold aprils. he will do what he's done every year, especially in that lineup.

you have 3 stud 1B. you could get a ton for any one of them. you could look for a complete stud outfielder in return - manny, abreu, sheff someone like that. if you wanted, you could try and get victor martinez at catcher, but i'd say a top-shelf OF is more valuable to you. look for FA catchers like pierzynski, estrada, hall, even posada as an upgrade over mccann

i'm not a huge bonds fan...but some people are. he might draw a lot of trade interest, especially since he's started hitting. maybe you could get a top-shelf starter using him, especially if you get a healthier power hitting OF through another trade.

either punt saves entirely or use your trade bait to get yourself, at the least, a mid-tier closer, if not one of the studs: rivera, lidge, wagner. papelbon is intriguing, although depending on where you live, he may be overvalued (i'm in boston, and i like the guy, but people in my league wouldn't trade him for the world.)

your scoring stat categories would help.
Citizen Erased
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby RowdyRed » Wed May 10, 2006 3:38 pm

I agree that you have to deal a 1B, but I feel differently from some previous posters. I think you need a front end SP. With Sheets, Prior, and Colon all on the DL, you have no proven front of the line starter, I don't think. Try trading a 1B for a stud pitcher (Peavy? Oswalt? Santana?) and then trading some of those mid-tier pitchers for some mid-tier closers. Love the deal you made to get Jeter and Matsui. Also, in a H2H league, it is sometimes nice to have a lot of starters, because you can win K's and Wins almost every week with them. Plus, one bad start doesn't mean that you are in big trouble in ERA and WHIP because the other guys can make up for it. In H2H, lots of starters isn't a bad idea. In H2H, I try to keep no more than 10 hitters and get the rest pitchers, with 5 RP and 6 SP. Sometimes I wind up with 10 hitters, 3 RP and 8 SP, and that's fine, because I help my chances to win every pitching category but saves, and in hitting (if I've done a good job of drafting and what not) I can contend in at least 3 or 4 categories. Still, another couple of RP and a front line starter is what I think you need.
RowdyRed
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby SupremeSole » Wed May 10, 2006 6:42 pm

gomes and pineiro for jeter and matsui?? are you kidding me.

I actually trade Taveras and Gomes for Jeter and Matsui...he declined the other trade proposal. But nevertheless I feel that it's an excellent trade on my part since I already have Podsednik, whose an A grade Taveras.

In H2H, lots of starters isn't a bad idea.

This is true and its the main reason why I have all of my SP. The more pitches thrown the more K's I'm likely to get.

Try trading a 1B for a stud pitcher (Peavy? Oswalt? Santana?) and then trading some of those mid-tier pitchers for some mid-tier closers.

I've already tried to get Santana in the beginning of the season when he was low and couldnt get him. BTW, I offered Konerko. I'll try again to get another player with the caliber as those you've metioned.

Thanks to all for your help! I'm new at this so I'm still learning the ropes. ;-D
SupremeSole Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team