Return to General Talk

How to please the IT person

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue May 09, 2006 6:19 pm

Nice job acs. ;-D :-b
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DieHardCubbie » Tue May 09, 2006 6:27 pm

Funny Stuff ACS.... ;-D
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Simulacrum » Tue May 09, 2006 7:08 pm

Good stuff. :-b ;-D
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Tue May 09, 2006 9:05 pm

acsguitar wrote:13. Make a wireless mouse by yourself just by cutting the cord. Then complain that the mouse isn’t working anymore.

19.Change your screen orientation so it is sideways. Then instead of asking for help just turn your monitor on its side to compensate. Then complain when your monitors case cracks.

I'm assuming all of yours were from personal experience? :-o The only thing funnier than a stupid person is a stupid fat person. :-B
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby knapplc » Tue May 09, 2006 10:48 pm

Sorry for quoting the whole post, but seriously - isn't the word count in this single post about two weeks worth of "normal" posts for ACS?

Your fingers must be smoking, dude! ;-D

acsguitar wrote:Here's my list that I made

1.Instead of giving a detailed explanation of the problem just email us “I need help with my broken computer thing”. That helps us prioritize which problems are really important.

2.Not being able to stream radio is of highest concern to us. Please email us 4 times every minute that you cannot get your streaming radio to function.

3.Tell us that your AOL email is getting a lot of spam and then ask if we can fix it because you are opening it on your work computer.

4.Make sure to request all hardware and software 2 hours before your flight to Taiwan, that you’ve known about for 7 months, departs.

5.Every weekend at around 6 am. Call us from an unknown location miles beneath the earths surface asking why your blackberry isn’t receiving email.

6.We love it when you give us your opinion on why your computer crashed. Its usually very accurate.

7.Make sure to ask for a new laptop every month in order to keep up with the memory and cpu intensive emailing that you do.

8.If you don’t know what a piece of hardware is make sure to just call it something else that you heard on TV. For example if your modem is blinking and you don’t know its called a modem just call it your monitor.

9. When you describe equipment to us make sure you say it looks like a box. Neglect to mention if it has any writing on it or the size of the box. Those things are meaningless.

10. When you lock yourself out of your computer its always because the helpdesk is stupid. We changed your password while you were sleeping in order to have you get locked out and call us about it.

11. Make sure to call us when you computer is slow but only when you have 15 applications open and haven’t rebooted in 3 months.

12. When we ask to remote into your computer to control it. Tell us that that’s fine and you won’t touch anything. Then proceed to try to open myspace.com

13. Make a wireless mouse by yourself just by cutting the cord. Then complain that the mouse isn’t working anymore.

14. Mark everything as urgent especially when it has to do with adding smileys to your email signature.

15.Make sure to complain to use that you can’t download a 15 meg file on your dial up internet while on your work laptop at home. We’ll come right over and change the law’s of physics that is restricting you from downloading massive amounts of information on a 9800k modem.

16. When leaving a message speak really really fast and then hang up. Oh and curse a few times too.

17.Tell us that when you were a kid you used to know DOS. That’s incredibly relevant to the current windows environment we work in.

18.Download as many different weather programs onto your desktop as possible. Its so much more convenient then typing in weather.com or creating a shortcut. And the spyware is fun to remove!

19.Change your screen orientation so it is sideways. Then instead of asking for help just turn your monitor on its side to compensate. Then complain when your monitors case cracks.

20.Make sure to drop your laptop multiple times during the day. They are pretty cheap in todays market and will soon be outdated anyways.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby WickedSmaat » Wed May 10, 2006 1:33 am

Seriously, they teach this stuff on Blue's Clues }:-)
WickedSmaat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Madison » Wed May 10, 2006 10:29 am

josebach wrote:
Simulacrum wrote:God, IT people are so whiny. Just fix the dumb computers and crawl back into your caves, you little trolls. }:-)

:-b

You mean like Nick Burns, computer guy?

http://www.compfused.com/directlink/1353/

Not sure which is funnier. ACS's list, or that video. Both are great! :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby acsguitar » Wed May 10, 2006 10:42 am

Madison wrote:
josebach wrote:
Simulacrum wrote:God, IT people are so whiny. Just fix the dumb computers and crawl back into your caves, you little trolls. }:-)

I think I'm funnier then Jimmy Fallon. Oh wait let me finish laughing at my own joke before I continue. Ok yea he sucks
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby zepfan » Thu May 11, 2006 3:25 am

acsguitar wrote:
Madison wrote:
josebach wrote:

I think I'm funnier then Jimmy Fallon. Oh wait let me finish laughing at my own joke before I continue. Ok yea he sucks

I know I was surprised he managed not to laugh for that whole skit. What composure.

"My cat's breath smells like cat food." - R. Wiggum
zepfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)

Postby acsguitar » Thu May 11, 2006 10:37 am

zepfan wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Madison wrote:
josebach wrote:

I know I was surprised he managed not to laugh for that whole skit. What composure.

A true professional no wonder he got cast in that redsox love fest movie
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk