Posada's The Most Worthless Catcher I've Ever Seen - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Posada's The Most Worthless Catcher I've Ever Seen

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 27, 2003 1:01 pm

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby blankman » Sun Jul 27, 2003 1:38 pm

thanks. From watching Posada, I have noticed some big improvements over the last few years. Passed balls are still a problem, but from watching him he's certainly improving. As for his arm, its amazing- I saw him throw a guy out while still crouched, without his knees even on the ground- he was in the regular catching stance- Wow
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Captain Crash » Sun Jul 27, 2003 6:24 pm

HOOTIE wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Leiter fan, buddy, I'm a huge Met fan too, but come on - Piazza is a terrible defensive catcher no matter how you try to spin in.

Leiter is correct. Piazzas arm is his only shortcoming as a catcher. He blocks the plate as well as anyone, calls a good game. As good as hitters as Piazza, Lopez, Posada, Pudge are, they could throw out 10%, and still be worth much more then a gun who cant hit. SB are overrated, and a catchers throwing % isnt a big a factor as some make it out to be. Giambi was out btw.

Man. Take it from a catcher, Piazza's biggest shortcoming is not his arm. He's got the worst footwork in the game, including Matt LeCroy, who isn't even a catcher. However, I'd still take him on my team, though. I mean, the Mets made it all the way to the World Series with the worst defensive catcher in the game. He can hit enough to be on my team any time.
Captain Crash
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers