First it was Dukes of Hazzard, then Miami Vice - Now its... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

First it was Dukes of Hazzard, then Miami Vice - Now its...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: First it was Dukes of Hazzard, then Miami Vice - Now its

Postby theclefe » Thu May 11, 2006 1:41 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:
knapplc wrote:
NEW YORK (Hollywood Reporter) -- The talking car K.I.T.T. is heading to the big screen in an adaptation of the hit 1980s TV series "Knight Rider."

Series creator Glen A. Larson will write and executive produce the Weinstein Co. project, which he anticipates will begin production next year. The project had previously been in development at Sony-based Revolution Studios.

Larson has bandied about the project for years. "A number of people wanted to do a pure comedic send-up of it, but I always felt that would throw away the franchise," he said. "There was always some humor on the show, but this film will probably have more gallows, foxhole humor.

Despite the darker tone, he said he would aim for a PG-13 rating because he doesn't want to exclude the series' core audience. The show ran on NBC from 1982-86.

The story centers on the tale of a police investigator shot in the line of duty who is nursed back to health by a mysterious millionaire. He's given a new name (Michael Knight), a new face and a new car to help him continue his work. As in the pilot, he also seeks revenge on the criminals who left him for dead.

Larson wouldn't say whether David Hasselhoff, who starred in the series, would appear in a cameo or if William Daniels would reprise his role as the voice of K.I.T.T.

Other Larson TV series being developed as film adaptations include "Magnum, P.I." at Imagine Entertainment and "The Fall Guy" at Warner Bros. Pictures.

I will probably NOT see Knight Rider (or Miami Vice for that matter) but if they have the original cast of Magnum P.I. I'll go see that.

There's no way Lee Majors could do The Fall Guy again, but Heather Thomas doesn't look too bad:

actually, she looks pretty bad

they're also making a movie of Dallas with Travolta and Jennifer Lopez (i refuse to refer to her as J-Lo)

Old guys like old women. There is nothing wrong with Knapplc being a geezer. :-b
theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Thu May 11, 2006 4:50 am

Could be worse. They could make a movie out of Cop Rock. :-o
Dr. Duran Duran
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafecasterTrivia Time Trial Champion
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Madison » Thu May 11, 2006 11:41 pm

theclefe wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
knapplc wrote:
NEW YORK (Hollywood Reporter) -- The talking car K.I.T.T. is heading to the big screen in an adaptation of the hit 1980s TV series "Knight Rider."

Series creator Glen A. Larson will write and executive produce the Weinstein Co. project, which he anticipates will begin production next year. The project had previously been in development at Sony-based Revolution Studios.

Larson has bandied about the project for years. "A number of people wanted to do a pure comedic send-up of it, but I always felt that would throw away the franchise," he said. "There was always some humor on the show, but this film will probably have more gallows, foxhole humor.

Despite the darker tone, he said he would aim for a PG-13 rating because he doesn't want to exclude the series' core audience. The show ran on NBC from 1982-86.

The story centers on the tale of a police investigator shot in the line of duty who is nursed back to health by a mysterious millionaire. He's given a new name (Michael Knight), a new face and a new car to help him continue his work. As in the pilot, he also seeks revenge on the criminals who left him for dead.

Larson wouldn't say whether David Hasselhoff, who starred in the series, would appear in a cameo or if William Daniels would reprise his role as the voice of K.I.T.T.

Other Larson TV series being developed as film adaptations include "Magnum, P.I." at Imagine Entertainment and "The Fall Guy" at Warner Bros. Pictures.

I will probably NOT see Knight Rider (or Miami Vice for that matter) but if they have the original cast of Magnum P.I. I'll go see that.

There's no way Lee Majors could do The Fall Guy again, but Heather Thomas doesn't look too bad:

they're also making a movie of Dallas with Travolta and Jennifer Lopez (i refuse to refer to her as J-Lo)

Old guys like old women. There is nothing wrong with Knapplc being a geezer. :-b

She actually doesn't look bad for her age. I wouldn't go crazy trying to hit it or anything, but for her age, she's not bad looking.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Pokeyouindaeye » Thu May 11, 2006 11:44 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Could be worse. They could make a movie out of Cop Rock. :-o

I don't know what's worse, the fact that I know what you're talking about, or the fact that I would probably see it due to the unintentional hilarity that it would provide.
Yes, I was, uh... I was thinking about ordering the tape, the videotape... about the college girls and the... the wild... the wildness. They're going wild or something? Somebody told me... about going wild.
-Larry David
Pokeyouindaeye
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri May 12, 2006 9:17 am

Madison wrote:
theclefe wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
knapplc wrote:

She actually doesn't look bad for her age. I wouldn't go crazy trying to hit it or anything, but for her age, she's not bad looking.

i dont know, i think her face may be permanatly stuck like that from being under the knife so many times
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk