First it was Dukes of Hazzard, then Miami Vice - Now its... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

First it was Dukes of Hazzard, then Miami Vice - Now its...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Red Stripe » Tue May 09, 2006 5:56 pm

Wow why does every classic cop/hero sitcom have to be made into a movie. Is it that hard to think of an idea for of movie? I bet acs could come up with a few right off the top of his head in a matter of 2 minutes.
Image
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4112
Joined: 12 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Omaha

Postby ironman » Tue May 09, 2006 6:01 pm

Red Stripe wrote:Wow why does every classic cop/hero sitcom have to be made into a movie. Is it that hard to think of an idea for of movie? I bet acs could come up with a few right off the top of his head in a matter of 2 minutes.


Because when they do these TV remakes they can pass off the crappiness of them as simply being "intentionally cheesy". If its an original idea and it sucks, it becomes much harder to justify it.
Image
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 4901
(Past Year: 94)
Joined: 28 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Dubuque

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed May 10, 2006 8:49 am

ironman wrote:
Red Stripe wrote:Wow why does every classic cop/hero sitcom have to be made into a movie. Is it that hard to think of an idea for of movie? I bet acs could come up with a few right off the top of his head in a matter of 2 minutes.


Because when they do these TV remakes they can pass off the crappiness of them as simply being "intentionally cheesy". If its an original idea and it sucks, it becomes much harder to justify it.


Nice point ironman. ;-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 11421
(Past Year: 7)
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Postby Amazinz » Wed May 10, 2006 10:06 am

I just read that one of John Travolta's new films is a remake of the TV show Dallas. Travolta plays JR. :-S
Image
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 18800
Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: in Canada, toughening up figure skaters

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed May 10, 2006 10:21 am

Amazinz wrote:I just read that one of John Travolta's new films is a remake of the TV show Dallas. Travolta plays JR. :-S


and Jennifer Lopez is rumored to be Sue Ellen
Image
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 10225
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby knapplc » Wed May 10, 2006 10:48 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Amazinz wrote:I just read that one of John Travolta's new films is a remake of the TV show Dallas. Travolta plays JR. :-S


and Jennifer Lopez is rumored to be Sue Ellen


This has "train wreck" written all over it. :-t
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Posts: 7871
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's "ell see." ELL SEE!!!

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed May 10, 2006 11:39 am

knapplc wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
Amazinz wrote:I just read that one of John Travolta's new films is a remake of the TV show Dallas. Travolta plays JR. :-S


and Jennifer Lopez is rumored to be Sue Ellen


This has "train wreck" written all over it. :-t


:-P
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 11421
(Past Year: 7)
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Postby Madison » Wed May 10, 2006 12:02 pm

Way, way too many remakes nowadays. How many of them have to bomb before they quit doing it? :-P
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby knapplc » Wed May 10, 2006 12:04 pm

Madison wrote:Way, way too many remakes nowadays. How many of them have to bomb before they quit doing it? :-P


I doubt they ever will. They're cheap, they require no advertising, they generate a lot of conversation and people are already familiar with the concept before they walk in the theater.

Hollywood sees these as no-lose situations. I think we're stuck with them forever. :-t
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Posts: 7871
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's "ell see." ELL SEE!!!

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed May 10, 2006 1:42 pm

knapplc wrote:
Madison wrote:Way, way too many remakes nowadays. How many of them have to bomb before they quit doing it? :-P


I doubt they ever will. They're cheap, they require no advertising, they generate a lot of conversation and people are already familiar with the concept before they walk in the theater.

Hollywood sees these as no-lose situations. I think we're stuck with them forever. :-t


yeah, teenagers will go see basically any PG-13 movie in the middle of summer. they just get their soccer mom's to drive them up to the cineplex in thier mini-vans
Image
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 10225
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Laicekl and 2 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Oct. 21
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

San Francisco at Kansas City
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact