First it was Dukes of Hazzard, then Miami Vice - Now its... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

First it was Dukes of Hazzard, then Miami Vice - Now its...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Red Stripe » Tue May 09, 2006 5:56 pm

Wow why does every classic cop/hero sitcom have to be made into a movie. Is it that hard to think of an idea for of movie? I bet acs could come up with a few right off the top of his head in a matter of 2 minutes.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ironman » Tue May 09, 2006 6:01 pm

Red Stripe wrote:Wow why does every classic cop/hero sitcom have to be made into a movie. Is it that hard to think of an idea for of movie? I bet acs could come up with a few right off the top of his head in a matter of 2 minutes.

Because when they do these TV remakes they can pass off the crappiness of them as simply being "intentionally cheesy". If its an original idea and it sucks, it becomes much harder to justify it.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed May 10, 2006 8:49 am

ironman wrote:
Red Stripe wrote:Wow why does every classic cop/hero sitcom have to be made into a movie. Is it that hard to think of an idea for of movie? I bet acs could come up with a few right off the top of his head in a matter of 2 minutes.

Because when they do these TV remakes they can pass off the crappiness of them as simply being "intentionally cheesy". If its an original idea and it sucks, it becomes much harder to justify it.

Nice point ironman. ;-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Amazinz » Wed May 10, 2006 10:06 am

I just read that one of John Travolta's new films is a remake of the TV show Dallas. Travolta plays JR. :-S
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed May 10, 2006 10:21 am

Amazinz wrote:I just read that one of John Travolta's new films is a remake of the TV show Dallas. Travolta plays JR. :-S

and Jennifer Lopez is rumored to be Sue Ellen
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby knapplc » Wed May 10, 2006 10:48 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Amazinz wrote:I just read that one of John Travolta's new films is a remake of the TV show Dallas. Travolta plays JR. :-S

This has "train wreck" written all over it. :-t
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed May 10, 2006 11:39 am

knapplc wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:

This has "train wreck" written all over it. :-t

:-P
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Madison » Wed May 10, 2006 12:02 pm

Way, way too many remakes nowadays. How many of them have to bomb before they quit doing it? :-P
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Wed May 10, 2006 12:04 pm

Madison wrote:Way, way too many remakes nowadays. How many of them have to bomb before they quit doing it? :-P

I doubt they ever will. They're cheap, they require no advertising, they generate a lot of conversation and people are already familiar with the concept before they walk in the theater.

Hollywood sees these as no-lose situations. I think we're stuck with them forever. :-t
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed May 10, 2006 1:42 pm

knapplc wrote:
Madison wrote:Way, way too many remakes nowadays. How many of them have to bomb before they quit doing it? :-P

I doubt they ever will. They're cheap, they require no advertising, they generate a lot of conversation and people are already familiar with the concept before they walk in the theater.

Hollywood sees these as no-lose situations. I think we're stuck with them forever. :-t

yeah, teenagers will go see basically any PG-13 movie in the middle of summer. they just get their soccer mom's to drive them up to the cineplex in thier mini-vans
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk