First it was Dukes of Hazzard, then Miami Vice - Now its... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

First it was Dukes of Hazzard, then Miami Vice - Now its...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

First it was Dukes of Hazzard, then Miami Vice - Now its...

Postby knapplc » Tue May 09, 2006 12:25 pm

NEW YORK (Hollywood Reporter) -- The talking car K.I.T.T. is heading to the big screen in an adaptation of the hit 1980s TV series "Knight Rider."

Series creator Glen A. Larson will write and executive produce the Weinstein Co. project, which he anticipates will begin production next year. The project had previously been in development at Sony-based Revolution Studios.

Larson has bandied about the project for years. "A number of people wanted to do a pure comedic send-up of it, but I always felt that would throw away the franchise," he said. "There was always some humor on the show, but this film will probably have more gallows, foxhole humor.

Despite the darker tone, he said he would aim for a PG-13 rating because he doesn't want to exclude the series' core audience. The show ran on NBC from 1982-86.

The story centers on the tale of a police investigator shot in the line of duty who is nursed back to health by a mysterious millionaire. He's given a new name (Michael Knight), a new face and a new car to help him continue his work. As in the pilot, he also seeks revenge on the criminals who left him for dead.

Larson wouldn't say whether David Hasselhoff, who starred in the series, would appear in a cameo or if William Daniels would reprise his role as the voice of K.I.T.T.

Other Larson TV series being developed as film adaptations include "Magnum, P.I." at Imagine Entertainment and "The Fall Guy" at Warner Bros. Pictures.

I will probably NOT see Knight Rider (or Miami Vice for that matter) but if they have the original cast of Magnum P.I. I'll go see that.

There's no way Lee Majors could do The Fall Guy again, but Heather Thomas doesn't look too bad:

Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ironman » Tue May 09, 2006 12:35 pm

You forgot about CHiPs starring Wilmer Valederrama as Ponch.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby knapplc » Tue May 09, 2006 12:41 pm

ironman wrote:You forgot about CHiPs starring Wilmer Valederrama as Ponch.

Holy Cow - you're right! I have zero interest in seeing this:

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Wilmer Valderrama will star as motorcycle cop Ponch in Warner Bros. Pictures' big-screen version of CHiPs. The studio has just acquired the rights for the TV series and has set Paul Kaplan and Mark Torgove to adapt.

Erik Estrada famously originated the Ponch role in CHiPs, which ran on NBC in the late 1970s and followed the adventures of California Highway Patrol motorcycle officers Francis Ponch Poncherello and Jon Baker. Larry Wilcox played Baker. The show had a serious macho tone, but over the years has achieved a cheesy, cult status. Sources say the project was built around the involvement of Valderrama, best known as Fez on That '70s Show.

Linky
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue May 09, 2006 1:01 pm

I'm a little curious about the new Miami Vice, because I thought the previews looked good. I'll probably just rent it though. Dukes of Hazzard thoroughly pissed me off. I love the original series and was literally angry after watching the movie. Hollywood cannot come up with any original ideas anymore.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)

Re: First it was Dukes of Hazzard, then Miami Vice - Now its...

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue May 09, 2006 1:48 pm

knapplc wrote:
NEW YORK (Hollywood Reporter) -- The talking car K.I.T.T. is heading to the big screen in an adaptation of the hit 1980s TV series "Knight Rider."

Series creator Glen A. Larson will write and executive produce the Weinstein Co. project, which he anticipates will begin production next year. The project had previously been in development at Sony-based Revolution Studios.

Larson has bandied about the project for years. "A number of people wanted to do a pure comedic send-up of it, but I always felt that would throw away the franchise," he said. "There was always some humor on the show, but this film will probably have more gallows, foxhole humor.

Despite the darker tone, he said he would aim for a PG-13 rating because he doesn't want to exclude the series' core audience. The show ran on NBC from 1982-86.

The story centers on the tale of a police investigator shot in the line of duty who is nursed back to health by a mysterious millionaire. He's given a new name (Michael Knight), a new face and a new car to help him continue his work. As in the pilot, he also seeks revenge on the criminals who left him for dead.

Larson wouldn't say whether David Hasselhoff, who starred in the series, would appear in a cameo or if William Daniels would reprise his role as the voice of K.I.T.T.

Other Larson TV series being developed as film adaptations include "Magnum, P.I." at Imagine Entertainment and "The Fall Guy" at Warner Bros. Pictures.

I will probably NOT see Knight Rider (or Miami Vice for that matter) but if they have the original cast of Magnum P.I. I'll go see that.

There's no way Lee Majors could do The Fall Guy again, but Heather Thomas doesn't look too bad:

actually, she looks pretty bad

they're also making a movie of Dallas with Travolta and Jennifer Lopez (i refuse to refer to her as J-Lo)
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby knapplc » Tue May 09, 2006 1:52 pm

She's 49 years old and you think she looks bad? Man, you have WAY different standards than I. :-°
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Re: First it was Dukes of Hazzard, then Miami Vice - Now its

Postby Amazinz » Tue May 09, 2006 1:56 pm

Hopefully they do a good job on it. I was dissapointed by Dukes of Hazzard and Starsky & Hutch but Miami Vice looks promising even if it is a been there, done that storyline.

knapplc wrote:Despite the darker tone, he said he would aim for a PG-13 rating because he doesn't want to exclude the series' core audience. The show ran on NBC from 1982-86.

Hmm. Isn't the core audience for Knight Rider 30-something males? Something tells me the 13-year olds of today probably don't care much about Knight Rider.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue May 09, 2006 3:11 pm

knapplc wrote:She's 49 years old and you think she looks bad? Man, you have WAY different standards than I. :-°

sure she looks good for 49, but 49 year olds arent really my bag
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby knapplc » Tue May 09, 2006 3:30 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
knapplc wrote:She's 49 years old and you think she looks bad? Man, you have WAY different standards than I. :-°

sure she looks good for 49, but 49 year olds arent really my bag

I hear ya. I'm grading on a sliding scale, too. She doesn't compare to a 25-year-old, but for her age she's smokin'.
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Simulacrum » Tue May 09, 2006 3:40 pm

She's had too much face surgery. I say boo :-t

In fact, I say Boo to all these stupid hollywood remakes. Hollywood ticket sales are in the dumpster and they can't seem to figure out that it's because they're churning out remake after stupid remake :-t :-t
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Next

Return to General Talk