Who Will Win More Games, The Rox or the Royals? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Who Will Win More Games, The Rox or the Royals?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who will win more games?

Kansas City Royals
25%
Brockton Rox
75%

Total votes : 8

Who Will Win More Games, The Rox or the Royals?

Postby knapplc » Tue May 09, 2006 9:39 am

I don’t know if this is General Talk or Baseball Leftovers, but it’s too funny not to post:

Brockton - The short-season Brockton Rox of the independent CanAm League think they can win more games this season than the full-season Kansas City Royals of Major League baseball's American League and are willing to put their money where their mouth's are.

Brockton President Jim Lucas declared today that he thinks that the Brockton Rox will win more games in their 92-game season than the Kansas City Royals will win in their 162-game season. "This is a sign of confidence in our GM Andy Crossley's ability to put together a great ballclub and our ability to win 55-60 games this season." Last year, the Rox won 50 games while the Royals won 56.

The Rox don't want to call this "a bet" per se because they understand organized baseball's rules against gambling, but more of a challenge. "However to make this challenge this interesting, " Lucas continued, "the Rox will put up $500 and because we are spotting the Royals 70 games, we expect them to put up $5,000." If the Rox lose, they will contribute their money to the YMCA of Greater Kansas City to assist in the creation of the Kansas City YMCA Challenger Division Baseball Park, a field designed for children with mental and physical disabilities. The Challenger Field will be custom-designed using a synthetic turf to accommodate wheelchairs and other assistive devices in order to remove the barriers that normally keep special-needs children off the baseball field. If the Royals lose, they would make their contribution to the Brockton Challenger Division of Little League Baseball

The only ground rule that Lucas insists upon, "Because the Rox regular season ends September 4th, the Royals can't purchase any Brockton player when their roster expands in September to assist them in trying to catch the Rox."

The Rox are awaiting a response from the Kansas City Royals on this challenge.

The Brockton Rox begin their season Thursday, May 25 versus the New Haven Cutters.

For more information about the Royal Challenge, contact Bill Chuck of the Rox front office at (617) 566-2784 or visit the team's website at http://www.brocktonrox.com for more information about the Brockton Rox.

I love Independent League baseball. They play a much more pure form of the game IMO. We have a team here in Lincoln and we’ve had season tickets for the past few years. No steroids, no controversy, just good pure baseball. ;-D
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby PlayingWithFire » Tue May 09, 2006 11:13 am

I thought It was about the Colorado team.

No, Royals will edge that team out.
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue May 09, 2006 11:51 am

I root for the Royals so it pains me to see them lose time and time again with no hope of getting better. I was sick to my stomach when I saw Alex Gordon get drafted there last year. Funny story though, Knapp. ;-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Madison » Wed May 10, 2006 10:13 am

Interesting idea. Wonder if KC will go for it. :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Tavish » Wed May 10, 2006 5:20 pm

I'm thinking the Pittsburgh Steelers should offer a similar bet to the Pirates.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)

Return to General Talk