PS3 Release Date & Price Announced - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

PS3 Release Date & Price Announced

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby CubsFan7724 » Wed May 10, 2006 7:15 pm

Bah, the $500 dollar version sucks. It lacks media slots and HDMI output, and wireless capabilities. Its a worse ripoff than the $300 Xbox 360. The Wii and Xbox 360 are dominating this show in terms of crowd appeal. Zelda, Mario, and Metroid all look amazing. Halo 3, Gears of War, and Too Human, ditto. In fact:
Snap, Covenant on Earth. This one will be a blast. Zelda now takes advantage of Wii controls and looks awesome. Mario is in freaking space now. The PS3 is looking gimped compared to the competition right now, and a lot of people hate the price. Not to mention they tacked on the motion sensing to steal from Nintendo.
Also, Yoda, you'd be wrong. Nintendo makes huge amounts of profit mainly due to their decade long dominance in the handheld market. Their home console marketshare isn't great, but they dont sell hardware at a loss like the other two, and they still make a ton off their franchises.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Wed May 10, 2006 9:12 pm

Yoda wrote:
DevilDriver wrote:I'm sticking with my PS2...why would anyone spend so much money on a PS3?

Me. Unlike xBox 360, games will be backwards compatible and also play HD movies. Considering xBox 360 is selling for appx the same amount of money, PS3 seems like a bargain to me.

The 360 is backwards compatible. Currently 214 games are backwards compatible, and those that are not compatible will have patches availiable on the internet shortly.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby curious_george_43545 » Wed May 10, 2006 9:36 pm

Yoda wrote:Nintendo is barely hanging on in the game. They are focusing mostly on kids while Sony and MS are dominating every age group.

:-? Nintendo makes more profit from the video gaming industry than the others. The Gamecube and Xbox console sales were very similar. Not sure Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil, Eternal Darkness, etc. which are a lot of the Gamecube's most popular games are kid oriented either.
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby ThatDude » Wed May 10, 2006 10:17 pm

EnFuego wrote:When I heard about the 600 price tag I was a little iffy whether or not to buy it. But after watching the MGS4 trailer...

8-o

MSG4 does look really sweet, but there's no way I spend $600 on the thing.

My PS2 still works just fine, and there's still going to be plenty of great games put out on PS2, God of War 2 is the top dog on my list.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CubsFan7724 » Wed May 10, 2006 11:06 pm

Oh god, they just showed the next Super Smash Bros, and Metroid Prime 3 is launching with Zelda: Twilight Princess and Super Mario Galaxy. Literally orgasmic.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Red Stripe » Wed May 10, 2006 11:54 pm

Anybody see the the video for Final Fantasy XIII. Holy crap those are some tight graphics. I just wish they would remake Final Fantasy VII on the PS3 instead.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Yin_Xu88 » Thu May 11, 2006 12:41 am

CubsFan7724 wrote:Oh god, they just showed the next Super Smash Bros, and Metroid Prime 3 is launching with Zelda: Twilight Princess and Super Mario Galaxy. Literally orgasmic.

I just saw the Super Smash Bros trailer, and Solid Snake is in it?? lol hes gonna kick Pikachu's ass.

anyways, after seeing FFXIII and MGS4, I have to get a ps3.
Yin_Xu88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby CubsFan7724 » Thu May 11, 2006 1:15 am

Solid Snake hiding in boxes then snapping Pikachu's neck should be classic.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk