Jury Duty - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Jury Duty

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby RugbyD » Wed May 10, 2006 1:09 pm

Fireball Express wrote:Mad, I was waiting for you to tell us the death penalty story again.

I was called for jury duty last year. I was then selected to be in the next group. The case was a wrongful death suit stemming from a car accident. I told the lawyers that if the dead guy was even 1% at fault he should be rewarded nothing. I then proceeded to tell them that law suits are out of hand and that there should be a cap on all suits. I was asked to leave.

that's why don't give them any more info than you have to so that you can stay on. unless of course you have more pressing matters, which most non-idiots do.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed May 10, 2006 1:10 pm

Funny this came up...I have Jury Duty next week... 8-o :-o

This is the second time for me. I have no idea how some people never have to do it and others have to multiple times. I have this strange feeling I'm going to be one of the latter.

I didn't have to be on the jury for any cases the last time although I did have to go into a courtroom once...who knows what's going to happen this time. :*)
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Fireball Express » Wed May 10, 2006 3:08 pm

RugbyD wrote:
Fireball Express wrote:Mad, I was waiting for you to tell us the death penalty story again.

I was called for jury duty last year. I was then selected to be in the next group. The case was a wrongful death suit stemming from a car accident. I told the lawyers that if the dead guy was even 1% at fault he should be rewarded nothing. I then proceeded to tell them that law suits are out of hand and that there should be a cap on all suits. I was asked to leave.

that's why don't give them any more info than you have to so that you can stay on. unless of course you have more pressing matters, which most non-idiots do.

I have a business to run, so I wanted out. However, I would like to serve on jury duty one day. I'd prefer a case with a little more bite than a wrongful death lawsuit.
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Postby pokerplaya » Wed May 10, 2006 4:17 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:Funny this came up...I have Jury Duty next week... 8-o :-o

This is the second time for me. I have no idea how some people never have to do it and others have to multiple times. I have this strange feeling I'm going to be one of the latter.

I didn't have to be on the jury for any cases the last time although I did have to go into a courtroom once...who knows what's going to happen this time. :*)

And me the following week...
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby 1337_Dude » Fri May 12, 2006 3:28 am

I've been called a few times, but I work at the local newspaper... so luckily for me I never have to serve.
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby raiders_umpire » Fri May 12, 2006 12:34 pm

Madison wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:my poor wife has been called twice now in the last 3 months, including this week. She got out of the first one due to once being a nurse

Your wife's a nurse? O:-)

Does she have one of those little nurse's outfits? O:-)

Hehehe. Just messing with you. ;-)

B-) Nursing outfit, yes, among others as well. B-)

Actually she was a nurse, but has since changed jobs is now a postal employee. Benefits are a bit better, pay is a little less, but the hours to work are definitely more family oriented. ;-D
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DieHardCubbie » Fri May 12, 2006 6:55 pm

This time...Jury Duty was a waste of time... :-/

We got there at 8:30 in the morning...listened to a clerk of court talk for about 15 minutes...then watched a video on how to be a juror...which took about 10 minutes....then sat in the jury assembly room until 12...when the clerk came in and said that all of the cases had plead out and we were not needed any more... }:-) ...spent almost 4 hours doing absolutely nothing...but atleast I did *earn* $12 dollars... :-b

You guys that have it coming up...have fun... :-b ...Really, I either hope you get something interesting...or find a way out... :-)
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk