FANTASY STRATEGY with 2 months left...(a tip or 2) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

FANTASY STRATEGY with 2 months left...(a tip or 2)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

FANTASY STRATEGY with 2 months left...(a tip or 2)

Postby Clevelander » Sat Jul 26, 2003 9:52 am

EVERYONE FEEL FREE TO ADD INTO THIS SOMETHING THAT HAS WORKED FOR YOU IF YOU"D LIKE...

1.saves....i've found that if you are in a spot where of which you have at least 20 above the next person to make a trade (if the deadline isnt up in your league) and pull for the one big bat that will improve your hitting stats. ONLY being that you have a decent reliever still in your line up.

example/ having wagner, borowski, and williamson. keep wagner and shop williamson or boroski and if you can package a decent to top notch player in the deal to upgrade one player, do it. find the guy that is still in a battle to gain a few spots in relief and put together a, i dont know, borowski & a giles or walker for example to obtain an anderson, wells, or wilson or a sosa/bonds if you got the right ammo. i have found this to be most effective.

again its only to have that lead in saves does it give you the room to make that one last big move. keeping a guys like wagner will not hurt your stats in saves but keep a little coming.

THIS WOULD GO FOR SAME IN STEALS AS WELL. keeping a guy who is getting 15 to 20 or so at this point and shopping a higher SB guy to someone that would improve there chances to move up a bit and you getting that better pitcher or batter upgrade pending on what you need.

2.wins... gathering that the remaining 2 mths holds roughly what...12 or so more starts, if you've got a good lead in wins or could handle a drop of one spot or so...why hang on to all your starters. make the move of gathering the next big bat.

example/ having k.brown,martinez,willis, and vazquez. again, just thinking of the top of my head here, but if your roughly 8-10 wins atop of the team then shop a brown in a package and get the bat that improves your worst in hitting.

***as you can see i am more angle to studing up my hitting than my pitching. this has always put me in the top 2 every year i have played including last year where i was in last of 12 teams with 2 1/2 mths left and wound up winning by getting to number 1. hitting to me, if you have the studs bring numbers everyday and if you've kept reasonable pitching at this point a couple moves could make the difference if your aware of how much one players numbers can really earn in 2 mths time.

HOPE THIS HELPS AS I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR SOME SECRETS OTHERS HAVE THAT HAVE WORKED FOR THEM. OR IF YOU HAVE ANY COMMENTS ON WHAT I HAVE SUGGESTED. GOOD LUCK TO ALL AS IM SURE MOST ARE IN THE TOP TIER OF THEIR RESPECTIVE LEAGUES. THIS BOARD HAS BEEN FUN THIS YEAR. ;-D
Harry Doyle: Remember, fans, Tuesday is Die Hard Night. Free admission for anyone who was actually alive the last time the Indians won the pennant.
Clevelander
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Sun Jul 27, 2003 5:59 am

I just emoployed this strategy at our Trading Deadline .. I traded away Williamson/Worrell/Pierre ... Both Categories that I have heavy leads in. I kept Smoltz.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1147)

Postby Clevelander » Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:30 pm

who did you get in return for your deal...?

i hope others make a move and this works out for you.
myself, i just acquired bonds to go with sosa and wilson. i gave up gagne, k.brown, and d.young....for....helton, bonds, and donnelly.

having pedro, willis, rivera, wagner, and mulder i feel that this will help. im tied for 1st in wins and 15 plus in saves and at 1st.

now i have lopez,helton,kent,jeter,pujols,bonds,sosa,wilson, and any utility i chose. matos is in for now. i have as always been known to pull the most trades in my leagues as it has taken over 12 trades to make up this team the way it is. as of right now with all being healthy it looks to be a huge studded team. always feast on those that dont realize the kind of players they have in hopes of a huge turn around.

im not so good in hitting because i have been part of the injury plague this year as you can see with some of my hitters. i traded for a couple of them thru the season getting them from others who just couldnt wait for them to come off the DL. i have to make up in HRS and RBI...im like 4th-5th in both, average needs a boost as well so by doing this move i hope the next 2 mths pull up those numbers and put me on top. they have worked before.
Harry Doyle: Remember, fans, Tuesday is Die Hard Night. Free admission for anyone who was actually alive the last time the Indians won the pennant.
Clevelander
College Coach
College Coach

Postby kentx12 » Mon Jul 28, 2003 6:24 pm

I have been using a strategy close to that. I drafted very heavy in starting pitching and ran up a big lead in wins, k's, saves and era. I have traded alot of pitchers away in the last month. I currently have 219 innings left and the only pitchers on my roster are Harden, Mulder, Smoltz, and Halladay. I have really upgraded my offense from the pitchers I traded and am leading wins by 24 over 2nd place. Just something I thought I would pass along. I hope it works for me the rest of the way.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Return to Baseball Leftovers