What to do with your Yahoo! waiver priority - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What to do with your Yahoo! waiver priority

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What to do with your Yahoo! waiver priority

Postby Webster11 » Mon May 08, 2006 6:50 pm

All the talk about future call ups such as Hamels, Billingley and Gordon has started to make me think about my strategy in dynasty leagues more closely.

In dynasty leagues on particular what you do with your waiver positon can have a huge impact on your team in the future.

I've been wondering what everyone here does with their waiver priority. Do you save your lower waiver priority for a chance at one elite prospect? Or do you use it immediately on a lesser prospect?

I've also started trying to plan who Id try to get if I had each waiver position, heres what I have so far -

1. Brandon Wood
2. Chad Billingley
3. Lastings Milledge
4. Alex Gordon
5. Ian Stewart
6. Cole Hamels
7. Carlos Quentin
8. Billy Butler
9. Jon Lester
10. Daric Barton
11. Andy Laroche
12. Troy Tulowitzki

Id like to see some more rankings as well as some thoughts on when and if these players will be added this year. I would have included Upton but someone in my league ended up saving their #1 waiver for Delmon Young all year and when he was never added, they ended up missing out on Felix Hernandez, Liriano, Fielder, Hermida, and Cain.
Webster11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Thursday » Mon May 08, 2006 6:55 pm

It's a blessing and a curse. Wood is a great option, i'm surprised more people don't talk about him around here. You have to wonder when these dudes are coming up, because i don't think Wood will get the call this year. Hamels might begetting called up, and a lot of people are getting excited about him, and they're correct to do so. I personally have #2 WW priority, and i'm hoping to get Hamels. You're right, tho, Upton won't get the call this year, mark my words.
Thursday
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Havok1517 » Mon May 08, 2006 7:01 pm

I think you forgot uber prospect LAD Joel Guzman SS/OF. He has more potential than most of the guys on the list. Also, it has been said here in Cincy that Homer Bailey will more than likely get a September callup.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 116)

Postby Webster11 » Mon May 08, 2006 7:03 pm

Havok1517 wrote:I think you forgot uber prospect LAD Joel Guzman SS/OF. He has more potential than most of the guys on the list. Also, it has been said here in Cincy that Homer Bailey will more than likely get a September callup.

Guzman just missed my list, if he was still at ss I would have put him over Tulowitzki. If Bailey does get the callup Id put him just over Lester probably
Webster11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mikhayl » Mon May 08, 2006 7:05 pm

You can also use your waiver priority if someone in your league does something stupid or makes a mistake.

Even smart players can make head scratching drops.
mikhayl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Havok1517 » Mon May 08, 2006 7:14 pm

Webster11 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:I think you forgot uber prospect LAD Joel Guzman SS/OF. He has more potential than most of the guys on the list. Also, it has been said here in Cincy that Homer Bailey will more than likely get a September callup.

Guzman just missed my list, if he was still at ss I would have put him over Tulowitzki. If Bailey does get the callup Id put him just over Lester probably

http://www.minorleagueball.com/story/20 ... 142358/012

http://www.minorleagueball.com/story/20 ... 1741/11061
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby mweir145 » Mon May 08, 2006 7:16 pm

Wait for Cole Hamels to be called up.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby Webster11 » Mon May 08, 2006 8:26 pm

Havok1517 wrote:
Webster11 wrote:

Thanks, I really like those articles and the website in general. Im thinking I might put Guzman over Barton now, when do you think hell be called up?
Webster11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Iconoclastic » Mon May 08, 2006 11:08 pm

How can Chris Young and his 30-30 potential not be up there?
[b]Bold Predictions:[/b]

Grady Sizemore will have more value than Jason Bay regardless of draft position

Aramis Ramirez in 155 G will hit over .300 40 HR 110 RBIs

Brian McCann will have more value than Jorge Posada regardless of draft position
Iconoclastic
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Havok1517 » Mon May 08, 2006 11:29 pm

Webster11 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
Webster11 wrote:

Thanks, I really like those articles and the website in general. Im thinking I might put Guzman over Barton now, when do you think hell be called up?

Your welcome. Sickels site is the best prospect site. Guzman was slated to get called up when Cruz got hurt but they went with Ethier (who they got for Bradley from Oak) instead since he is a lil more polished and is having a better year so far in the minors. But Guzman has huge potential. I think Guzman will get a taste sometime in June probably. Maybe when they realize Lofton is old? Barton is smooth hitting with doubles power at this point. Also, Oak has a large amount of 1B/OF types so his arrival will be delayed I think.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Return to Baseball Leftovers