Annyone who thinks their fantasy team can't win it all? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Annyone who thinks their fantasy team can't win it all?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby finalheaven » Tue May 09, 2006 3:12 pm

Thursday wrote:One week ago, i would have told you that my primary league team had no chance. Now, i'm feeling a smidgen better about them. But the problem is, i went entirely too young:

12-team, H2H, 6x6 league (R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG., OPS. for hitters, and W, SV, K, Holds, ERA, WHIP for pitchers).

Keeper league, we keep 4:

C - Michael Barrett
1B - Ryan Howard
2B - Chase Utley
3B - Hank Blalock
SS - Felipe López
OF - Jason Bay
OF - Grady Sizemore
OF - Matt Holliday
Util - Prince Fielder
Bench - Bill Hall
Bench - Aubrey Huff

SP - Felix Hernández, Josh Beckett, Jeremy Bonderman, Scott Kazmir, Dave Bush
RP - Bob Wickman, Mike González, Jon Papelbon, Akinori Otsuka
Holds guys - Duaner Sánchez, Joel Zumaya

I'm in 5th, thanks to a 12-0 sweep of my opponent last week. But watching my pitching staff struggle day after day after day, i begin to think that maybe it isn't my year, and next year, don't depend on young pitchers, or hitters for that matter. I actually recently cut ties with Matt Cain... what a mistake. :-P

With the exception of your holds guys, I have the exact same team in my yearly league. Weird. 8-o

Anyway, in my money league, I went from 3rd to 7th because of my pitching staff deciding to take a crap on the crap they had already given me, but I made some moves and got Peavy and Beckett, so hopefully they'll turn it around. I did lose ARod though :~(
finalheaven
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Simulacrum » Tue May 09, 2006 3:17 pm

I joined up in a couple of rough cafe leagues this year. I'm somewhat near the top of the pack in both, but I don't foresee myself winning either of them.
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby Amazing Oopah » Tue May 09, 2006 3:22 pm

I think I have a good chance at the playoffs in the 2 14 teamers I'm in... but I'll have to get lucky to have a shot at the title, especially since I fumbled a bit with my pitching selections.

This is my first season, so this is just a learning process for me, though I hope I can remain competitive :-)
Amazing Oopah
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 4)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers