E3 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

E3

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby baseball6791 » Thu May 11, 2006 11:10 pm

Zito is God wrote:Zelda is the best game ever. Period (although Morrowind is a very close 2nd). Unlike some, I loved Majora's Mask and don't know if I like OoT more or not.

As for E3, I think it'd be cool to go, but I don't really like previews that much anymore. I wait for it to come out, then I can read all the reviews and features. I never buy games blindly anymore, wasted hundreds and hundreds of $ because of that in my high school days.

BTW, anyone know if the solid price for PS3 has been set yet? I heard $500.

$500 for the stripped down version (20 GB hard drive, no built in WiFi, no HDMI output, no external memory readers - such as flash)
$600 for the whole package (60 GB hard drive and all the features built in)

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Fri May 12, 2006 12:33 pm

Zito is God wrote:Zelda is the best game ever. Period (although Morrowind is a very close 2nd).

I assume you've played oblivion...I'm playing it right now and good god its awesome ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sat May 13, 2006 7:51 pm

Yin_Xu88 wrote:
Red Stripe wrote:
EnFuego wrote:MGS4, Zelda, Halo 3, all on separate consoles...time to get a job.

Is Zelda an RPG? I've just never realized why it's such a hit since I haven't played any of the newer 3D versions of it. I remember playing the really old version of one on Super Nintendo back when I was like 9 and it had some similarities to an RPG but I'm not sure. Besides sports games, RPG's are my favorite genre and was just wondering if it's a game that I might be interested in.

Zelda's an action RPG

Its more of an action adventure. Its not like a traditional RPG which is based off the old pen and paper RPGs that started in the 70s with EXP levels and stat points and such.
The $500 PS3 is BS. They spent the past year blasting Microsoft for having two different 360s, and then Sony has two different versions where the difference between the two is much greater. Anyone who buys the $500 PS3 is a moron, since it can not output HD resolutions, turning the BluRay player into a ridiculously overpriced regular DVD player.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby baseball6791 » Sat May 13, 2006 8:34 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:
Yin_Xu88 wrote:
Red Stripe wrote:
EnFuego wrote:MGS4, Zelda, Halo 3, all on separate consoles...time to get a job.

Is Zelda an RPG? I've just never realized why it's such a hit since I haven't played any of the newer 3D versions of it. I remember playing the really old version of one on Super Nintendo back when I was like 9 and it had some similarities to an RPG but I'm not sure. Besides sports games, RPG's are my favorite genre and was just wondering if it's a game that I might be interested in.

Zelda's an action RPG

Its more of an action adventure. Its not like a traditional RPG which is based off the old pen and paper RPGs that started in the 70s with EXP levels and stat points and such.
The $500 PS3 is BS. They spent the past year blasting Microsoft for having two different 360s, and then Sony has two different versions where the difference between the two is much greater. Anyone who buys the $500 PS3 is a moron, since it can not output HD resolutions, turning the BluRay player into a ridiculously overpriced regular DVD player.

Actually, as far as I know, it can output HD, just through component input rather than HDMI. The difference in quality is not enormous, but HDMI is the future and I agree that buying the $500 version is dumb.

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to General Talk