E3 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

E3

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed May 10, 2006 4:03 pm

Phatferd wrote:
Madison wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:We just bought the PS2. Are the memory cards for the 1 supposed to work in the 2? I don't know anything about this stuff.

Pretty sure PS1 memory cards do not work with PS2's, but get someone else to confirm that. I could be wrong. I went from PS1 to the original XBox and never owned a PS2. Looking at maybe buying the 360 as a birthday gift to myself. B-)

They do, but they could only be used for the PS1 games. You can't use it to save a PS2 game on.

So if we put in one of his PS1 games with that card it'll pull up those games? That's pretty cool. We just have to get ahold of some PS2 cards so he can save his new games on.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby eftda » Wed May 10, 2006 7:38 pm

Here is an awesome site for game trailers...

http://www.gametrailers.com/

...like the name ;-) . I love the Halo 3 and Splinter Cell 4 tailers.
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Wed May 10, 2006 7:54 pm

im pretty sure everyday fans arent allowed to visit E3. only people that work for gaming companines. would be a sweet trip though.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby CubsFan7724 » Wed May 10, 2006 8:12 pm

You have to prove you work in the industry somehow, it is a trade show after all. And yes, this years has been awesome. The Nintendo games shown has made me a total believer, and the Xbox 360 offerings are hella hot. Little less impressed by the PS3, with only a couple good games, a super expensive price, and a tacked on motion sensing thing that pretty much savagely ripped Nintendo's idea off.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Wed May 10, 2006 9:13 pm

Phatferd wrote:
Madison wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:We just bought the PS2. Are the memory cards for the 1 supposed to work in the 2? I don't know anything about this stuff.

Pretty sure PS1 memory cards do not work with PS2's, but get someone else to confirm that. I could be wrong. I went from PS1 to the original XBox and never owned a PS2. Looking at maybe buying the 360 as a birthday gift to myself. B-)

They do, but they could only be used for the PS1 games. You can't use it to save a PS2 game on.

Thanks for clearing that up! ;-D ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby EnFuego » Thu May 11, 2006 3:30 pm

MGS4, Zelda, Halo 3, all on separate consoles...time to get a job.
EnFuego
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu May 11, 2006 3:44 pm

EnFuego wrote:MGS4, Zelda, Halo 3, all on separate consoles...time to get a job.

or a life :-D
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Red Stripe » Thu May 11, 2006 9:16 pm

EnFuego wrote:MGS4, Zelda, Halo 3, all on separate consoles...time to get a job.

Is Zelda an RPG? I've just never realized why it's such a hit since I haven't played any of the newer 3D versions of it. I remember playing the really old version of one on Super Nintendo back when I was like 9 and it had some similarities to an RPG but I'm not sure. Besides sports games, RPG's are my favorite genre and was just wondering if it's a game that I might be interested in.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Yin_Xu88 » Thu May 11, 2006 9:34 pm

Red Stripe wrote:

Is Zelda an RPG? I've just never realized why it's such a hit since I haven't played any of the newer 3D versions of it. I remember playing the really old version of one on Super Nintendo back when I was like 9 and it had some similarities to an RPG but I'm not sure. Besides sports games, RPG's are my favorite genre and was just wondering if it's a game that I might be interested in.

Zelda's an action RPG
Yin_Xu88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Zito is God » Thu May 11, 2006 10:30 pm

Zelda is the best game ever. Period (although Morrowind is a very close 2nd). Unlike some, I loved Majora's Mask and don't know if I like OoT more or not.

As for E3, I think it'd be cool to go, but I don't really like previews that much anymore. I wait for it to come out, then I can read all the reviews and features. I never buy games blindly anymore, wasted hundreds and hundreds of $ because of that in my high school days.

BTW, anyone know if the solid price for PS3 has been set yet? I heard $500.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk