How can I improve this team? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

How can I improve this team? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How can I improve this team? WHIR

Postby Roy Hobbs » Mon May 08, 2006 11:04 am

Standard Yahoo 5x5, 12tm, h2h non-keeper

C: B. Molina
1B: P. Konerko
2B: C. Figgins
3B: A-Rod
SS: H. Ramirez
OF: J. Gomes, V. Wells, M. Holliday
Util: C. Tracy
BN: S. Podsednik
D: J. Cantu
SP: R. Oswalt, M. Mulder, C. Zambrano, C. Young, M. Maroth, J. Verlander
RP: J. Papelbon, H. Street, T. Hoffman, T. Jones, A. Otsuka

I'm winning Saves pretty easily and I'm thinking I should drop/trade Jones or Otsuka for SP. Will I get enough value that way or should I offer one of my other closers for a better SP? I'm pretty confident in my offense, but please let me know areas I should try to improve.

Leave a link and I'll try to help you. Thanks!
Roy Hobbs
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FUNdamentals11 » Mon May 08, 2006 5:44 pm

I would agree, your offense seems solid for a 12 teamer. My only question is, do you really need another SP? Zambrano and Oswalt should be dominant, and your supporting cast isn't that bad. If you can trade Otsuka for a quality pitcher, do there's no real certainty about his job security. As you said though, you may have to give up a more legitimate closer if you want value back. My feeling though, is if you can win saves easy, and still do well with your pitchers, why not keep doing it.
FUNdamentals11
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby shmolex » Mon May 08, 2006 7:20 pm

I would defenitely trade one of the closers for a SP. I dont really think Maroth is as good as he has shown so far and 5 closers is definitely overkill, especially as 3 of them are excellent. Trade one of Street, Hoffman, or Papelbon for a good SP.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=201951
shmolex
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Rod_mang » Mon May 08, 2006 10:09 pm

Hi Roy,

Thanks for the feedback on my team. Now for yours...

I agree that your offensive looks real good. Wells alone kicked my team's butt a couple of weeks ago. I have to say I'm not a Cantu fan. He was supposed to be a big deal last year but didn't much for the team I had. I know his totals for 2005 are impressive but it seemed like when I had him, I didn't reap any of the benefits. You have Figgie and A-Rod so can he do a lot for you assuming you're going to just spot him when either get a day off or are traveling?

I'm wondering about Molina. Is he the best available in your league right now? In mine Maurer is available on the WW. I'm not taking him because I have Ivan and I think he'll do but if I had Bengie, I'd think about it. Toronto is hot offensively but I think Maurer may have more upside. Last year Joe finished 10 positions higher among all catchers than Bengie so it's just a thought.

Another thing that caught my eye was that you have 3 pitchers on the same team (Detroit) I just have a thing about being too "centric" with one team. A little rainout here and there combined with travel and you have 3 guys who can't do anything for you in a given day or two.

I'm just playing Devil's advocate with all of this. If I were to tinker I might consider offering Cantu and Maroth for another starter if that would get you someone you really like. Other than that, I'm glad I'm not playing you :-)
Rod_mang
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team