Help! I need to lay off injury prone guys with potential! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Help! I need to lay off injury prone guys with potential!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Help! I need to lay off injury prone guys with potential!

Postby MendozaLineup » Sun May 07, 2006 11:26 pm

C: J. Lopez (DL); J. Estrada
1B: J. Thome
2B: R. Weeks
SS: J. Reyes; J. Rollins
3B: S. Rolen; C. Jones
OF: G. Sheffield (maybe DL); J. Bay; A. Huff; A. Rios
SP: J. Santana; R. Harden (DL); B. Myers; J. Patterson (DL); K. Escobar, J. Bonderman
RP: J. Nathan; D. Turnbow, M. Gonzalez; A. Benitez

My team has serious injury issues....I'm going to try to roll with 4 starters for a while, but even some non-DL guys (Rolen, Jones, Huff, Escobar) have their issues with injuries....is anyone droppable? Or do I just hold on to everyone?
MendozaLineup
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FUNdamentals11 » Mon May 08, 2006 1:43 am

Thanks for the help. Though I don't know how the rest of your league looks, I have to say your roster is overall solid. You have two run producing shortstops (I'm jealous) and a powerful outfield, minus injuries. It's too bad that escobar and bonderman have had to carry your rotation up to this point, though I'm sure your pleased to have Santana pulling his weight. Honestly, drop Lopez though. Two catchers are never worth it, and you can use his spot to grab an extra pitcher. Your rotation should be solid once everyone returns, though you may be able to move a position player for a solid starter (if you find yourself with players lounging on the bench frequently).
FUNdamentals11
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Boyakasha » Mon May 08, 2006 2:33 am

Your team looks really solid all the way around. Do you start 2 SSs? If not, definitely move either Rollins or Reyes, there's no reason a player of that value should be on your bench.

I don't see anyone droppable...you've had some bad luck, but you'll be good once everyone gets healthy. And, actually, I'd hang onto Javy until he's healthy and drop Estrada, but maybe I'm an optimist.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... ?p=1591741
Boyakasha
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby MendozaLineup » Tue May 09, 2006 11:46 am

Thanks for the responses - to answer any questions, this is a 11 team league and most everyone is a die hard fantasy fan - so it's quite competitive

I have Rollins by accident really - I had already picked Reyes and was ready to select between Hafner and Carlos Lee in the 4th round when my comp froze - anyways, my computer automatically picked Rollins since he was next in the pool. Suffice it to say - I am regretting that it happened.

I would love to trade one of the SS, but I think I'd rather keep Reyes. People in my league aren't convinced Rollins will be any better than Lugo - and I refuse to trade a guy unless he's at the value I put him at.
MendozaLineup
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team