Cruise's Crazy Act Costs MI:III - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Cruise's Crazy Act Costs MI:III

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby AcidRock23 » Mon May 08, 2006 11:27 am

1337_Dude wrote:I think we know who's really to blame....

Xenu!

LOL!!! ;-D :-D
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Mon May 08, 2006 11:36 am

I'm boycotting Tom Cruise forever
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby bigh0rt » Mon May 08, 2006 12:26 pm

squawkya24 wrote:Off-topic but knapplc, are you really still a "beginner"? You almost have a thousand posts. :-D

Post count has no correllation to fantasy knowledge ;-D Just look how many I have ;-7 :-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby knapplc » Mon May 08, 2006 12:45 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
squawkya24 wrote:Off-topic but knapplc, are you really still a "beginner"? You almost have a thousand posts. :-D

Post count has no correllation to fantasy knowledge ;-D Just look how many I have ;-7 :-D

Yeah, I'd say I'm still a beginner when it comes to fantasy baseball. I've been in a league for a couple of years but I still don’t know too many of the players, and I still don’t know why I should do this or that. I should NOT be giving advice, that much I can tell you. ;-)
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby josebach » Mon May 08, 2006 1:06 pm

My wife didn't want to see it because of Tom Cruise's antics, so I agree that it definitely cost him money. On the other hand, he's so incredibly rich that it doesn't even matter. On the latest Entertainment Weekly it said that Cruise made $75 million from MI2 and $100 millions from War of the Worlds. This includes both the front AND back end. He essentially gives up all of his salary upfront in exchange for 20-30% of the gross.

I think Tom Cruise is a fruitcake but I do like him as an actor and have no problem paying money to see his movies. Why should I deprive myself of watching a decent movie because of the actor's politics/religious beliefs, you know?

I saw MI3 this past Saturday and thought it was just mediocre. Tom Cruise actually did a good job acting, but I like action movies to have a certain degree of realism to them and the MI movies are anything but realistic. It wasn't a bad way to spend a couple hours, though.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Mon May 08, 2006 1:44 pm

its a combination of both things for me. i am tired of cruise but i would be more interested in the movie if the second one didnt stink so bad. it has a different director so i will probably watch it when it hits dvd. since going to the theatre is getting expensive i'm a little more careful about the films i see.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Yoda » Mon May 08, 2006 2:00 pm

I don't see a need to boycott a movie. Cruise is a subperb actor and his movies are generally entertaining. I don't think that the publicity is hurting him at all. People have already seen MI type movies before. This is also the third installment of MI series. Frankly I thought the second one was awful and I won't pay a full price to see this one. I'll wait for the dvd.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Simulacrum » Mon May 08, 2006 2:53 pm

I really hope MI3 tanks because I could not be more sick of Tom Cruise lately. Maybe if the movie flops it will shut him up.

But he is a great actor who has made some classic films. My favorite of his is Minority Report.
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby knapplc » Mon May 08, 2006 3:04 pm

Simulacrum wrote:I really hope MI3 tanks because I could not be more sick of Tom Cruise lately. Maybe if the movie flops it will shut him up.

But he is a great actor who has made some classic films. My favorite of his is Minority Report.

Vanilla Sky was pretty good. And you cannot forget Top Gun and Risky Business.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby josebach » Mon May 08, 2006 3:22 pm

knapplc wrote:
Simulacrum wrote:I really hope MI3 tanks because I could not be more sick of Tom Cruise lately. Maybe if the movie flops it will shut him up.

Vanilla Sky was pretty good. And you cannot forget Top Gun and Risky Business.

Vanilla Sky is my favorite Cruise movie even though a lot of people didn't like it. Believe it or not, I really liked Cocktail also. I know it was cheesy, but I used to have such a crush on Elizabeh Shue. (it all started with Adventures in Babysitting) :-b

A young Gina Gershon was in that one too. ;-D
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk