Anyone ever gotten bitten by a snake? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Anyone ever gotten bitten by a snake?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Anyone ever gotten bitten by a snake?

Postby fantasy_warrior » Sun May 07, 2006 5:32 pm

If so, what kind of snake, was it a poisonous bite, and did you have to get hospital care? (hopefully not :-° )
"Don't mess with the bull, son, you'll get the horns."~Justin Timberlake
"You guys wasn't gettin' paid to leave the dogs babysittin' the sheep while you stem the rose."~The Sound of Music
fantasy_warrior
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dannyolbb » Sun May 07, 2006 8:04 pm

Sure. I was on a plane and terrorists let loose many snakes. It was scary. Luckily, Samuel Jackson was there.
[size=18]03[/size]
dannyolbb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Rirruto » Sun May 07, 2006 9:17 pm

dannyolbb wrote:Sure. I was on a plane and terrorists let loose many snakes. It was scary. Luckily, Samuel Jackson was there.

LMAO
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Madison » Mon May 08, 2006 2:16 am

Rirruto wrote:
dannyolbb wrote:Sure. I was on a plane and terrorists let loose many snakes. It was scary. Luckily, Samuel Jackson was there.

LMAO

Haha. :-b

Seen plenty of snakes, but been lucky enough to not be bitten by any of them. B-)

Now spider bites, I've had those many times. :-o
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby RyanK » Mon May 08, 2006 10:10 am

aint gotten bitten

but i have been bit by a snake... something called an anaconda or some thing.. it hurt
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby acsguitar » Mon May 08, 2006 11:37 am

I jumped over a 3 foot long rattle snake sunning itself on a trail.

It didn't bite me
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby knapplc » Mon May 08, 2006 11:42 am

I jumped out of my car in the "desert" of Eastern Colorado to dig up one of those cool little cacti that grow profusely along the road. I got about five feet from the car when my wife rolled down the window and said, "Do you hear that?" in reference to this loud, dry, raspy noise all around us.

"Yeah," I said.

"Do you know what that is?" she asked.

"No," I said (but I suspected it was the noise made by some dry plants rustling in the breeze).

"Well," she said, "I think it's rattlesnakes."

I stopped and listened for a second, and after just a bit of consideration I decided she was probably right. I guess I looked pretty foolish running back to the car like I did, but we were miles and miles from anywhere and a bite from a rattlesnake would have pretty much ruined what had been a lovely day to that point. So I didn't get my cactus, but I didn't get bit by a snake, either.

;-D
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby acsguitar » Mon May 08, 2006 11:47 am

knapplc wrote:I jumped out of my car in the "desert" of Eastern Colorado to dig up one of those cool little cacti that grow profusely along the road. I got about five feet from the car when my wife rolled down the window and said, "Do you hear that?" in reference to this loud, dry, raspy noise all around us.

"Yeah," I said.

"No," I said (but I suspected it was the noise made by some dry plants rustling in the breeze).

I stopped and listened for a second, and after just a bit of consideration I decided she was probably right. I guess I looked pretty foolish running back to the car like I did, but we were miles and miles from anywhere and a bite from a rattlesnake would have pretty much ruined what had been a lovely day to that point. So I didn't get my cactus, but I didn't get bit by a snake, either.

;-D

hahah it probably wasn't a rattle snake. There are lots of bugs out here that make a noise just like that. You wouldn't have to stop and listen for a rattlesnake they are loud
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby knapplc » Mon May 08, 2006 11:51 am

acsguitar wrote:
knapplc wrote:I jumped out of my car in the "desert" of Eastern Colorado to dig up one of those cool little cacti that grow profusely along the road. I got about five feet from the car when my wife rolled down the window and said, "Do you hear that?" in reference to this loud, dry, raspy noise all around us.

"Yeah," I said.

;-D

hahah it probably wasn't a rattle snake. There are lots of bugs out here that make a noise just like that. You wouldn't have to stop and listen for a rattlesnake they are loud

This was pretty loud. Seriously, I have no idea what a rattlesnake sounds like (unless it sounds exactly like it does on a movie), but I figured it was best not to chance it. And I gave my wife a good laugh when I freaked out and ran back to the car. I guess I looked really, really silly. :-D
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Simulacrum » Mon May 08, 2006 11:58 am

I saw quite a few rattlers as a kid while camping and backpacking in Arizona.

The strangest encounter was on a backpack when we were sitting by a campfire in the evening. A somewhat small rattlesnake slithered up about 3 feet away from the fire, coiled up, and just sat there looking at us, soaking up the warmth. None of us moved for at least an hour until it went away again.
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Next

Return to General Talk