might be reyes time in stlouis - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

might be reyes time in stlouis

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

might be reyes time in stlouis

Postby converge241 » Sun May 07, 2006 3:17 pm

one of the most anticipated SP call ups this year, next to Cole Hammels, may be happening

Sidney Ponson was removed after three innings Sunday due to right elbow discomfort.
Ponson pitched three scoreless innings before departing. With Adam Wainwright doing to so well in the pen, the Cardinals would likely call up Anthony Reyes to start if Ponson is going to miss time. May. 7 - 2:53 pm et
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 99)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby colt4523 » Sun May 07, 2006 4:27 pm

Well, I am not wasting anytime to pick him up. I just dropped Lohse for him...so no loss there :-)

Lets hope he gets the call.
colt4523
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 83)

Postby nuggets » Sun May 07, 2006 4:46 pm

anticipated? so we can wait 'till he is hurt again? the guy was supposed to be in the big show in the begining but went down. overrated.
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Raf » Sun May 07, 2006 4:50 pm

I guess somebody missed out on reyes in their league huh?
Raf
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby CeeLoGreen » Sun May 07, 2006 5:26 pm

colt4523 wrote:Well, I am not wasting anytime to pick him up. I just dropped Lohse for him...so no loss there :-)

I hope you are in an extremely deep league, having to use Lohse. Are you in a 25 teamer??? He might be one of the five worst pitchers in the league right now....
Basically I'm complicated.
I have a hard time taking the easy way
I wouldn't call it schizophrenia
But Ill be at least two people today

If that's OK

And I can go on, and on, and on...

But who cares?
CeeLoGreen
General Manager
General Manager

Postby colt4523 » Sun May 07, 2006 6:42 pm

CeeLoGreen wrote:
colt4523 wrote:Well, I am not wasting anytime to pick him up. I just dropped Lohse for him...so no loss there :-)

I hope you are in an extremely deep league, having to use Lohse. Are you in a 25 teamer??? He might be one of the five worst pitchers in the league right now....

16 team with 28 player rosters. There are absolutely no starters on free agency. Its not like I ever started him. ;-7
colt4523
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 83)

Postby converge241 » Sun May 07, 2006 8:15 pm

nuggets wrote:anticipated? so we can wait 'till he is hurt again? the guy was supposed to be in the big show in the begining but went down. overrated.

so what other SP are you anticipating the call up for more? if hes overrated there must be a long list of guys you are waiting to see called up before him
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 99)

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Sun May 07, 2006 8:31 pm

Ailing elbow forces Ponson from game
Eds: UPDATES with quotes, details; ADDS byline.
By STEVEN WINE
AP Sports Writer
MIAMI (AP) — Even though he gave up a chance at a victory, St. Louis Cardinals right-hander Sidney Ponson was glad he spoke up when his elbow began to bother him Sunday.
The Cardinals led 2-0 when Ponson left the game against the Florida Marlins after three innings because of discomfort in his right elbow.
“The smart thing I did is I told them, and not to go out there and try and be Superman,” Ponson said.
He was to be examined by a doctor Monday in St. Louis and likely will miss at least one turn in the rotation.
“Anytime you’ve got an elbow that barks, it’s something to be concerned about,” manager Tony La Russa said.
Ponson, who’s off to a 3-0 start, threw 42 pitches. He gave up one hit, walked two and retired the last five batters. He also earned his first career RBI with a 50-foot dribbler down the third-base line.
The Cardinals used four relievers to complete a six-hitter and won 9-1.
Ponson said his elbow first bothered him in the second inning, and he told trainer Barry Weinberg after coming to the dugout. The problem continued in the third.
“We decided to play it safe and take him out,” Weinberg said.
Ponson experienced a flare-up in his elbow last year with Baltimore, but it was quickly resolved, Weinberg said. The right-hander signed a $1 million contract with the Cardinals after being released by the Orioles last September, in part because of alcohol-related problems.
The Cardinals’ schedule will allow them to rest Ponson without calling up a pitcher from the minors, pitching coach Dave Duncan said.
“We have two off days in the next 10 days,” Duncan said. “Hopefully we can work it out and go with just four pitchers.”

doesnt sound too serious but they wont know for sure until sometime monday.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby nuggets » Mon May 08, 2006 12:08 am

converge241 wrote:
nuggets wrote:anticipated? so we can wait 'till he is hurt again? the guy was supposed to be in the big show in the begining but went down. overrated.

so what other SP are you anticipating the call up for more? if hes overrated there must be a long list of guys you are waiting to see called up before him

No there isn't. I don't like his injury risk, but I do see why others would like him. I even drafted him in the last rounds of few deep leagues early on. He pooped on me and I'm bitter I guess. Have fun with him. AT, I know what it feels like to have a poor opinion of a guy who has shown good potential, but gets hurt often.
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Postby AT » Mon May 08, 2006 11:34 am

nuggets wrote:
converge241 wrote:

No there isn't. I don't like his injury risk, but I do see why others would like him. I even drafted him in the last rounds of few deep leagues early on. He pooped on me and I'm bitter I guess. Have fun with him. AT, I know what it feels like to have a poor opinion of a guy who has shown good potential, but gets hurt often.

God damnit. I typed up like a 4 paragraph laugher of a response to this and then I slipped and hit the wrong button on my keyboard and deleted the whole thing. I HATE when that happens.

Short Version:
You should hear my rants about guys who have actually burned me PERSONALLY, not just guys I've avoided and think everyone should as well. My Rich Harden piece is going to be a doozy next year...

But for Reyes, who cares if he got hurt and you got burned by him ya know? Anyone you take in like the 3rd to last round of your draft will either pay off fairly well, end up on the DL, or head to Free Agency within a month. And sometimes all 3.

But I know what you mean. I'm going to use a cheesegrater on myself for John Patterson pretty soon.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers