Does Tyler Walker have naked pics of Joe Maddon? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Does Tyler Walker have naked pics of Joe Maddon?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Does Tyler Walker have naked pics of Joe Maddon?

Postby Sp_Da_Man » Sun May 07, 2006 12:37 pm

What else could explain Maddon's desire to have Walker as the full-time closer? Per rotoworld:

Manager Joe Maddon said it is time the Devil Rays had a true closer, and he will give Tyler Walker every chance to win the job.

The Rays have had a closer-by-committee program with Dan Miceli, Chad Orvella and Shawn Camp filling the role, but Maddon said "I would much prefer giving the game to one guy."

May. 7 - 11:07 am et
Source: St Petersburg Times
Sp_Da_Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby go_jays_go » Sun May 07, 2006 12:47 pm

I know he's bad, but I think I have to take a chance on him. I'm lacking in saves and wouldn't mind some cheap oppertunities.
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby nuggets » Sun May 07, 2006 1:02 pm

They really dont' have any good options at closer, might as well give him a shot.

Speculating on a closer situation only works if the replacements available can actually do the job. That's why the Devil Rays have been such a frustrating team. Dan Miceli has been awful, but the alternatives--Shawn Camp, Tyler Walker--aren't much better.
-Jeff Erickson

Sp_Da_Man wrote:What else could explain Maddon's desire to have Walker as the full-time closer? Per rotoworld:

oh maybe this too
May 5 The Associated Press reports Tampa Bay Devil Rays RP Dan Miceli (shoulder) will be placed on the 15-day DL with shoulder soreness.
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Postby nixonforpres » Sun May 07, 2006 5:39 pm

How about he lets Orvella work out the closer kinks since he might actually get better? Anyone think Orvella might fall into the role based on the need for a real closer and the fact that Walker aint so hot?
nixonforpres
College Coach
College Coach

Postby raiders_umpire » Sun May 07, 2006 8:48 pm

nixonforpres wrote:How about he lets Orvella work out the closer kinks since he might actually get better? Anyone think Orvella might fall into the role based on the need for a real closer and the fact that Walker aint so hot?

That very well may happen, but Orvella needs to start throwing strikes with something besides his fastball right now. If Orvella can get his control down, then I think we may see Orvella closing games for the Devil Rays.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby paiger » Sun May 07, 2006 9:11 pm

nixonforpres wrote:How about he lets Orvella work out the closer kinks since he might actually get better? Anyone think Orvella might fall into the role based on the need for a real closer and the fact that Walker aint so hot?

I agree Orvella is the better pitcher... but what is that really saying? I picked him up when he was called up and he pitched with his pants around his ankles for 3 weeks, and now he's back to the WW heap. TB closer sit is not worth dabbling in, but fortunately, I'm not desperate.
paiger
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby converge241 » Sun May 07, 2006 10:12 pm

*sigh* cant believe im saying this but walker is looking stronger after today
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 121)

Postby hybrid » Mon May 08, 2006 2:16 am

Honestly, Maddon isn't doing a whole bunch to make me think he is that great or anything. He said all the right things before the season started, but since then I have questioned him quite a bit. In the end I hope I'm wrong and he turns out to be just what we needed.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby The Loveable Losers » Mon May 08, 2006 6:11 pm

Tyler Walker has the uncanny ability to look good enough on some days that managers are lulled into the false assumption that he can actually pitch. Then they get desperate and let him close. Eventually (usually within a week) he blows up 2 or 3 straight times but by that time the team has already committed to having him close and BOOM - 23 saves with a ridiculously inflated era and whip.

If you can survive the destruction to the era/whip then definitely go for him...he'll probably keep the job due to some mystical power he seems to have to not get replaced by better pitchers. Just don't complain when he explodes every other day and makes a mess of your ratios. ;)
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Return to Baseball Leftovers