Who's this guy Ramon Ramirez in the Rockies pen??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who's this guy Ramon Ramirez in the Rockies pen???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who's this guy Ramon Ramirez in the Rockies pen???

Postby Brad1222 » Sun May 07, 2006 11:20 am

He's got good ratios and a good K rate. Anyone heard of him???
Brad1222 Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Sun May 07, 2006 11:59 am

He was one of the two prospects involved in the Chacon trade last year. The other was Sierra btw, who is with the White Sox.

Ramirez was called up in early April when DeJean went on the DL. Ever since coming in that first game against Philly, he's been dominant, and slowly working his way up the bullpen food chain. Now Hurdle has confidence in him to bring him in a tie ball game, or with a lead.

Hopefully he isn't sent back to the minors when DeJean gets back, but he might have to be. Either way, the Chacon trade is looking good from my point of view! ;-D
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby nuggets » Sun May 07, 2006 1:16 pm

avsfan4ever33 wrote:He was one of the two prospects involved in the Chacon trade last year. The other was Sierra btw, who is with the White Sox.

Ramirez was called up in early April when DeJean went on the DL. Ever since coming in that first game against Philly, he's been dominant, and slowly working his way up the bullpen food chain. Now Hurdle has confidence in him to bring him in a tie ball game, or with a lead.

Hopefully he isn't sent back to the minors when DeJean gets back, but he might have to be. Either way, the Chacon trade is looking good from my point of view! ;-D

gotta luv what pecota said about him after '04

Another peewee hurler; the Yankees apparently pluck 'em early, like baby carrots or new potatoes. Like potatoes, they are placed in a silo and aged a couple of years. In this case, the trick is on the potatoes, because no one ever comes to get them out of the silo. Eventually they are rescued by sympathetic beings from outer space, but often not in time to have major league careers

Good that he's getting a chance in colorado. I believe his breaking pitch is a curve ball, I don't know if it's a "power curve" or not. If it isn't I don't see much success in his future in Colorado.
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DevilDriver » Sun May 07, 2006 1:37 pm

He must be good....some guy in my league picked him off the waiver wire and dropped Felix Hernandez :-D
DevilDriver
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Thursday » Sun May 07, 2006 1:40 pm

Why is there 2 of these threads now?
Thursday
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers