Aaron Harang....is he for real? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Aaron Harang....is he for real?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Aaron Harang....is he for real?

Postby Joe Mauer » Sat May 06, 2006 9:03 pm

Harang is 28 and may be becoming a stud pitcher before our eyes. The Reds hot start was unexpected and so was his 45 K's and 5-1 record with a 3.77 ERA and 1.21 WHIP.

I am very much considering picking him up, but I want to hear others thoughts on him before coming to a decision because this league is a 5 x 5 roto one in which roster moves come from your left over draft money and I only have 3 more moves left with one earmarked for a potential closer switch and the other I am keeping for an injury replacement. So, this is a big decision for me.

I have AJ Burnett, Escobar, Webb, Haren and Cain at SP. Burnett has been an injury headache but when he comes back he should be money with that offense behind him. Webb is solid. Escobar is solid. Haren has been a headache but has the talent. Cain has had a rocky rookie campaign.

Now, I could play the wait and see approach (my hitting is carrying my team as I sit in 4th place). But, picking up Harang may be the right move to make.

Thoughts, comments, ect?

Pierz,Castro,Tulo,Espinosa,Gyorko,Goldschmidt,Encarna,Howard,Carter,Cespedes,Marte,Soriano,Brown,Ludwick,Smoak
Strasbg,King F,Harvey,Scherzer,Teheran,Street,Jansen,Hernandez
BA 5,HR 9.5,R 4,RBI 6,SB 2,ERA 12,H+S 8,K 11,W 7.5,WHIP 11,TOT 76 pt 3rd
Joe Mauer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Standing outside the Metrodome singing "We're going to win Twins, We're going to score...."

Postby Snake99 » Sat May 06, 2006 9:13 pm

No brainer ... drop Cain, pick up Harang
Snake99
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby GSes » Sat May 06, 2006 9:16 pm

why did we ever give up Harang for Jose guillen in 2003! none of us knew in oakland he would turn out this way, even if he just repeats last season, he is still turned into a much better pitcher then he was in his oakland days :~(
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby AT » Sat May 06, 2006 9:16 pm

Harang is for real man. Had a nice DIPS last year and good K numbers. I drafted him in all of my leagues. Been drinking the Kool aid for a while now.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby no1cowboysfan » Sun May 07, 2006 12:12 am

Whether or not Harang is good (he's alright), he'll still pick up wins for your team. Cincinnati has great run support, so he could stay at a 4.0 ERA with a 1.5 WHIP and still win 15 this season.

The lightside shall prevail...

Oh, and go Dodgers!
no1cowboysfan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby nakgxf » Sun May 07, 2006 6:08 pm

Harang is officially my fantasy project. I've drafted him two years in a row now, and am loving watching him. He gets awesome run support, but He'll keep the ERA right around where it is now (like 3.75).
nakgxf
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby V-Dawg » Sun May 07, 2006 6:12 pm

My prediction for the season:

15-9, 3.70 ERA, 190 K, 55 BB.
V-Dawg
College Coach
College Coach

Postby giants! » Sun May 07, 2006 6:16 pm

He has always been a great k pitcher, and he should get about 10 more wins the rest of the way. The main thing will be his era and whip. He is just too inconsistant for me to own, but if he can give up less home runs he would be an excellent pitcher. All he needs is a mid to high 3 era and a 1.25 whip or less
giants!
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Joe Mauer » Sun May 07, 2006 6:24 pm

Thanks for the input. It'll give me something to think about. The main thing that scares me is his home park is a bandbox. I also am still sitting in 4th in my league and so my starting pitchers have some time to work their stuff out. I just wish I was off the night he pitches again on the 10th, because if he wins I might just have to pull the trigger and pick him up. But someone may beat me to it.

Pierz,Castro,Tulo,Espinosa,Gyorko,Goldschmidt,Encarna,Howard,Carter,Cespedes,Marte,Soriano,Brown,Ludwick,Smoak
Strasbg,King F,Harvey,Scherzer,Teheran,Street,Jansen,Hernandez
BA 5,HR 9.5,R 4,RBI 6,SB 2,ERA 12,H+S 8,K 11,W 7.5,WHIP 11,TOT 76 pt 3rd
Joe Mauer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 9)
Location: Standing outside the Metrodome singing "We're going to win Twins, We're going to score...."

Return to Baseball Leftovers